Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, UnitedWx said:

So do I, but let's be logical about it.  Half the fun is tracking... at least to me

Ya know, I actually enjoyed watching that crazy ass 0z euro run come just as much as I enjoy seeing blizzards on the models this far out. Even if it rained over my area it was a really cool evolution with wacky shit you never really see, like 7 different lows, snow well east of the low, ect. As many others corrected me about earlier, it won’t actually happen that way. We will see 2 lows at most, the primary and secondary low (Miller b) with a rain snow line NW of the low, not east. Still though, it was really cool to see that evolution even though it won’t happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

Ya know, I actually enjoyed watching that crazy ass 0z euro run come just as much as I enjoy seeing blizzards on the models this far out. Even if it rained over my area it was a really cool evolution with wacky shit you never really see, like 7 different lows, snow well east of the low, ect. As many others corrected me about earlier, it won’t actually happen that way. We will see 2 lows at most, the primary and secondary low (Miller b) with a rain snow line NW of the low, not east. Still though, it was really cool to see that evolution even though it won’t happen.

See, I couldn't give two shits about how meteorologically anomalous a system is...if it rains IMBY, then its no different than the other 12343,588348388,4828883 days that have....rained IMBY.

Not that anomalous. I don't care that the ULL over Watertown, NY is (insert irrelevant BS number) SD below normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

See, I couldn't give two shits about how meteorologically anomalous a system is...if rains IMBY, then its no different than the other 12343,588348388,4828883 days that have....rained IMBY.

That’s fair. For me if it actually happens that way I’ll be pissed because it rained, but I know it’s going to change drastically since it’s so far out so it makes it easier to appreciate the evolution of the run for me. I get wanting to see the low farther east though, the Euro has been inland for a few runs now so it would be nice to see that change over the next couple of days. I would think even over the cape would be good.

Just now, George001 said:

That’s fair. For me if it actually happens that way I’ll be pissed because it rained, but I know it’s going to change drastically since it’s so far out so it makes it easier to appreciate the evolution of the run for me. I get wanting to see the low farther east though, the Euro has been inland for a few runs now so it would be nice to see that change over the next couple of days.

That particular run is no sweat off of my crack...at least not at this juncture, however, it pulls that shit next week, then its full-tilt off to the funny farm for Xmas.

Santa will be a leaving a prescription for a monthly injection of Abilify in my stocking.

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

In my forecast I noted lows in mid teens and highs in the high 20s just preceding.  Snow cover will help too.  I’m optimistic 

We can still get a decent storm, but that biblical idea that is being thrown about is not happening in our area without that trough axis moving eastward.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We can still get a decent storm, but that biblical idea that is being thrown about is not happening in our area without that rough axis moving eastward.

Well maybe the question is whether the ridge out west needs to get a little further East.  But for me that often means a jackpot over sne, thus I prefer to flirt with disaster

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Well maybe the question is whether the ridge out west needs to get a little further East.  But for me that often means a jackpot over sne, thus I prefer to flirt with disaster

Yea, one and the same. Trend has been to move that more bodily on shore, too...Tip mentioned it yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Chris12WX said:

In George’s defense, he’s not wrong about the EPS Ensemble mean snow. 
But other than that, yeah. Go Wolfie.

Hey I know he’s a young kid(I think..early 20’s), and I don’t mean to hurt his feelings. He just needs to read and listen more, and learn a few things. And contain the urge to post his fantasies.

I get the excitement, man I feel it too. But this has a tremendously long way to go. Could fall apart tomorrow for all we know.  Sometimes a lil tough love is what’s needed.  No hard feelings George. Just relax and watch things play out.

• Like 1