Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,173
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
    Joined

June Banter 2022


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

Hoping it’s just some showers on Saturday, but we’re still planning to put up canopies so the time cards can actually be written on and are legible.

My main concern now is just the kids staying warm. I probably should t worry, but I’m a softie.

Rain chances here have dropped

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 7:11 AM, mappy said:

My husband has Covid. Kid and I testing negative. He’s on paxlovid so hoping he is okay and we stay negative. Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Aaand I’m positive this morning. Kid misses her dance recital. I hate everything 

  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

Aaand I’m positive this morning. Kid misses her dance recital. I hate everything 

Sorry to hear that mappy, hope your symptoms are mild. But welcome to the club! :drunk:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Sorry to hear that mappy, hope your symptoms are mild. But welcome to the club! :drunk:

I have a cough that hurts at the top of my chest, but otherwise okay. Feeling terrible for the kid, who is still testing negative, but we presume it will only be a matter of time before she tests positive too. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, mappy said:

I have a cough that hurts at the top of my chest, but otherwise okay. Feeling terrible for the kid, who is still testing negative, but we presume it will only be a matter of time before she tests positive too. 

Anecdotal, but I haven’t known any kids (vaccinated or to young to be) that have had worse than cold symptoms. Hope mapkid avoids it or only has that too! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, mappy said:

I have a cough that hurts at the top of my chest, but otherwise okay. Feeling terrible for the kid, who is still testing negative, but we presume it will only be a matter of time before she tests positive too. 

Sorry to hear that!  Hopefully it is quick spell for you.  At least Covid in my house got me out of my trip to Austin for work this past week. 

 

On another note, I join @H2O today  and all others in the 50 club.  :-)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Sorry to hear that!  Hopefully it is quick spell for you.  At least Covid in my house got me out of my trip to Austin for work this past week. 

 

On another note, I join @H2O today  and all others in the 50 club.  :-)

Happy birthday to you! 
And thank you, I am waiting for an appointment for the state per their test to treat program, so I’ll be okay. Just heartbroken for my kid who will miss her dance recital she has been working so hard to prepare for. Lots of tears this morning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Happy birthday to you! 
And thank you, I am waiting for an appointment for the state per their test to treat program, so I’ll be okay. Just heartbroken for my kid who will miss her dance recital she has been working so hard to prepare for. Lots of tears this morning. 

I totally get that.  Sometimes  our children can't understand and since she has been working for months to prepare for this one day.  When all is clear, you should get some of her dance classmates and have your own little backyard recital. :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I totally get that.  Sometimes  our children can't understand and since she has been working for months to prepare for this one day.  When all is clear, you should get some of her dance classmates and have your own little backyard recital. :-)

Her dance studio is already on top of it, the director reached out and said they are going to plan a small show with her Company dancers so she can dance. Just for her. To say I am touched is an understatement. We’ve found quite a family at the studio. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

Her dance studio is already on top of it, the director reached out and said they are going to plan a small show with her Company dancers so she can dance. Just for her. To say I am touched is an understatement. We’ve found quite a family at the studio. 

Aw, that's lovely of them, mappy. I hope you feel better asap.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I have a cough that hurts at the top of my chest, but otherwise okay. Feeling terrible for the kid, who is still testing negative, but we presume it will only be a matter of time before she tests positive too. 

I was sick for two weeks with a dry cough and sinus congestion, no fever. I lost my smell and taste about two days into it. I'm still coughing some and nose is clear. My smell is coming back very slowly. Weirdest virual infection I've had. I never felt that bad but felt weird like a hangover. I test negative the entire time. I got it from my girlfriends kids. They had the exact symptoms and negative test. I think it's a new strain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

Aw, that's lovely of them, mappy. I hope you feel better asap.

It’s amazing of them. I just feel bad, I know it causes them to adjust every dance she is in, at the last minute. I hate what this does for everyone else. 

Just now, dailylurker said:

I was sick for two weeks with a dry cough and sinus congestion, no fever. I lost my smell and taste about two days into it. I'm still coughing some and nose is clear. My smell is coming back very slowly. Weirdest virual infection I've had. I never felt that bad but felt weird like a hangover. I test negative the entire time. I got it from my girlfriends kids. They had the exact symptoms and negative test. I think it's a new strain.

I’m congested and tired. No fever, can smell/taste. The cough is the biggest thing, just hurts at the top of my chest. I noticed it as soon as I woke up, coughed and I knew it wasn’t good. I spoke with someone through the University of Maryland medical system and have an appointment later this morning to get some early treatment. I’ll be okay. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

It’s amazing of them. I just feel bad, I know it causes them to adjust every dance she is in, at the last minute. I hate what this does for everyone else.

I hear you, that sucks. Most especially for your family. I bet there will be a lot of heart and a lot of joy for all in that make-up show.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mappy said:

It’s amazing of them. I just feel bad, I know it causes them to adjust every dance she is in, at the last minute. I hate what this does for everyone else. 

I’m congested and tired. No fever, can smell/taste. The cough is the biggest thing, just hurts at the top of my chest. I noticed it as soon as I woke up, coughed and I knew it wasn’t good. I spoke with someone through the University of Maryland medical system and have an appointment later this morning to get some early treatment. I’ll be okay. 

I hope that how you feel is the worst of it. Hopefully you can get something that helps the cough and anything else you are dealing with or might deal with. 
 

Im so sorry it prevented the kid from doing the show. You had hoped to be able to get thru today in the clear. I know you both are upset by this and the timing. What the dance people offered to do for her and you is so touching. That will help her and you heal. 
 

It tough to understand why stuff happens but all you can do is take this setback and find a path forward that will let her be the best she can be and show off what skills she has. 
 

Feel better!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Sorry to hear that!  Hopefully it is quick spell for you.  At least Covid in my house got me out of my trip to Austin for work this past week. 

 

On another note, I join @H2O today  and all others in the 50 club.  :-)

Happy bday to you!  Just know that 50 is the start of the better half of things. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, H2O said:

I hope that how you feel is the worst of it. Hopefully you can get something that helps the cough and anything else you are dealing with or might deal with. 
 

Im so sorry it prevented the kid from doing the show. You had hoped to be able to get thru today in the clear. I know you both are upset by this and the timing. What the dance people offered to do for her and you is so touching. That will help her and you heal. 
 

It tough to understand why stuff happens but all you can do is take this setback and find a path forward that will let her be the best she can be and show off what skills she has. 
 

Feel better!!

Thank you friend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...