Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,163
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
    Joined

March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow


HoarfrostHubb
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Phin lives in an area with a population less than 400 people .

Damn that must have been weird for you since you are from the mid Atlantic. 

It was awesome for me. There is a little city right down the road. Plenty of civilization around here. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I don’t blame him. If I moved up there I’d want a year of some epic cold and snow departures. 

Yeah I bust his balls sometimes but it’s like going on a ski vacation to the Sierra or Alta… you have this anticipation and want to see what the weather can do.  Researched past storms, past winters, etc.  You want that taste.  Moving up north to higher snow climo is almost the same… you spend time in summer looking over past winters and dreaming.  Just need to see it once and then you sort of settle into the “along for the ride” mentality as you spend more and more time somewhere.  Get that first monster NNE mountain winter out of the way and it’s like cool, saw that, it happens, can relax a bit, ha.

Then you find that vision and dreaming means looking at grassy fields end of February and skiing tilted pond ice when you know the record says it can be much better.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I bust his balls sometimes but it’s like going on a ski vacation to the Sierra or Alta… you have this anticipation and want to see what the weather can do.  Researched past storms, past winters, etc.  You want that taste.  Moving up north to higher snow climo is almost the same… you spend time in summer looking over past winters and dreaming.  Just need to see it once and then you sort of settle into the “along for the ride” mentality as you spend more and more time somewhere.  Get that first monster NNE mountain winter out of the way and it’s like cool, saw that, it happens, can relax a bit, ha.

Then you find that vision and dreaming means looking at grassy fields end of February and skiing tilted pond ice when you know the record says it can be much better.

Absolutely but he needs to read our room better. We bust balls but still love our new neighbor 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I bust his balls sometimes but it’s like going on a ski vacation to the Sierra or Alta… you have this anticipation and want to see what the weather can do.  Researched past storms, past winters, etc.  You want that taste.  Moving up north to higher snow climo is almost the same… you spend time in summer looking over past winters and dreaming.  Just need to see it once and then you sort of settle into the “along for the ride” mentality as you spend more and more time somewhere.  Get that first monster NNE mountain winter out of the way and it’s like cool, saw that, it happens, can relax a bit, ha.

Then you find that vision and dreaming means looking at grassy fields end of February and skiing tilted pond ice when you know the record says it can be much better.

The meltouts are the worst IMHO for that type of snow climo....I'm already kind of a pack guy down in interior SNE, but if I was up there, I'd really be weighting the pack heavily in my winter satisfaction. So when you get a winter like this year with so many cutters, it's really going to bring the grade down....so I can totally understand the frustration. I wouldn't want to hear about "Snow totals" from people in low land SNE either telling me not to be annoyed. I'd want a 30"+  pack which is basically climo for Randolph at this point in the season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Absolutely but he needs to read our room better. We bust balls but still love our new neighbor 

Yeah he hasn't quite learned how much we make fun of eachother yet....obviously each subforum has its own flavor.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The meltouts are the worst IMHO for that type of snow climo....I'm already kind of a pack guy down in interior SNE, but if I was up there, I'd really be weighting the pack heavily in my winter satisfaction. So when you get a winter like this year with so many cutters, it's really going to bring the grade down....so I can totally understand the frustration. I wouldn't want to hear about "Snow totals" from people in low land SNE either telling me not to be annoyed. I'd want a 30"+  pack which is basically climo for Randolph at this point in the season.

All true but I would take the 115 in a heartbeat

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tell me this isn't spring in New England ...

Yesterday, we struggled to 32 and wound up with 4" of snow through the evening.  

24 hours later, it's not noon, over that snow pack, and under full sun most home sites tied into Wunder's network within a couple clicks of my location here in Ayer are knocking on the door of 50!   No wind either... the feel becomes rather "nape balm" ..

A day and a half later we we could have rain and wind ending as a PL/aggregate cake - even if only 1.5" of it...dramatic plunge immediately.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

All true but I would take the 115 in a heartbeat

Absolutely, and someone living in DC would kill for Ray's 43" even though he's about ready to throw himself off the Tobin with that seasonal total. All about expectations.

 

Anyways, not to derail too much....here's what we got for this threat:

East basket: NAM/Euro/UKMET

West Basket: GFS/ICON/RGEM

In between: GGEM

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...