Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Discobs 2022

George BM

23 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

wow. the line is here now. that wind is legit. 

Yep we got in on the action about 13 min ago here.  Power out and back on a few times.  Just before that the rain just came so suddenly it was like a firehose across the skylights.  Freaked the cat out which got my attention!

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Serious gusts here right now. @Eskimo Joe can you check on RavenRock obs? Just had a house shaker here. 

Liberty - Raven Rock,PA (XIF) ASOS reports gust of 61 knots (70.2 mph) from NW @ 0101Z -- KXIF 080158Z AUTO 27013G21KT 10SM FEW033 12/04 A2967 RMK AO2 PK WND 31061/01 SLP049 T01220043 $

41, with first puddles in backyard that I've seen in over a month, and with no working rain gauge at the moment, I'll ride on @H2O's coattails above for a close-enough measurement. The worst kind of weather. Upshot is that those neon green patches of new grass growth in the yards will be soaking up this stuff today and putting it to good use.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, H2O said:

Decent rains. Up to .63”. That’s for you @vastateofmind

TY, good sir. We had several good spates of soaking rain late this morning and early afternoon....heard it slamming the roof pretty good on a couple occasions and had to look up to confirm it was indeed raining that hard.

Also....think I'm going to bypass getting another simple rain gauge and instead invest in one of those higher-end weather stations that some of our nearby forum neighbors have purchased over the past year or two, with integrated precip measurement. It's time...  :) 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic