Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12/13 Event Quest for Blues to Envelop More Rather Than Less

North Balti Zen

52 minutes ago, CAPE said:

My local forecast is for a max of 2", which aligns with my thoughts yesterday for my yard, despite what the GFS still shows lol. An inch will get me over 20 for the season. I'll gladly take that.

I need just over 1” to break 10”

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

It is warm for us.  Honestly, makes more sense than somehow getting into the 20s.

I’m going with a general 1-1.5” for me. Temps and not a ton of precip will be the issues. 

And I should have added a /s to my post for sarcasm. I’m happy with whatever falls. 

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

How’s that “under 100 hours” working out :P

You mean shifting an insignificant jet streak induced 1-3” band around a few miles. That is not a significant synoptic change. There isn’t even really a synoptic setup to shift as around 100 hours guidance converged on the fact the coastal would be a total non factor and the NS and SS would stay un phased.  Now we’re just praying to get lucky with a meso scale feature to get a minor snowfall. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SLPressure said:

The HRRR doesn't have DCA falling below 33. A lot of the total snowfall depicted is not what is going to be accumulating.

Does DCA ever fall below 33? I’d imagine in that scenario the city would be 31-32 at nighttime. Been burned by low level warmth many times in the district but hopefully this event occurring at night will help our cause.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic