Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Discussion

snowmagnet

7 minutes ago, IronTy said:

It's like I said, winter is over after the next week.  We can't complain, we had an awesome January this year.  

I have to say January turned out way better than expected following the disastrous December. The cities and points south/east did well in January, but a lot of other folks got fringed.

5 minutes ago, Snowfan96 said:

I have to say January turned out way better than expected following the disastrous December. The cities and points south/east did well in January, but a lot of other folks got fringed.

Yeah we had the worst snowstorm here in 20yrs at least so there's no complaining.  I'm ready for spring at this point.  Some folks always get fringed, that's the name of the game.  

4 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Hey we have one more historically more favorable weekend after that :lol: Not saying anything happens then, but in general...for us at the urban corridor elevation and lower, President’s Day tends to be that bookend for warning-level snows (always exceptions, of course). March can be a stat padder, however...might not get a flush hit (but maybe a slush hit), but we can still eek out an inch here or there. But overall yeah...don't wanna have to rely on that, lol

Correlation without causation is just a random fluke. 

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Correlation without causation is just a random fluke. 

Yeah but so many times though...that's a lot of random. Like 80 years and ya may have 3 big snows in the metro (and maybe a couple of 5 inchers) after PD weekend. And really...isn't the causation just...climo? March sun angle, lower elevation, etc?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic