• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2021-22: Midterm Grade

WxWatcher007

D+.  It snowed once and I used the blower.  I also went snowmobiling to my camp once.  I will go again this weekend and ride in the mud and then take them home for the season.  The final grade for this season can't be more than a C, and only if we got a march snowstorm of something more than middling magnitude.  The rest of February is toast so Morch is all we got. 

Snow wise D (15 inches season to date)

Cold wise B- .....A respectable number of very cold days with afternoon temps in the teens and a few more days 20 to 25f but the storm that buried eastern areas certainly gets a small nod back here with steady light synoptic snowfall and windy conditions with lots of blowing snow and brutal wind-chill, temps generally 10 to 15f 

C minus overall

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

F

I guess to clarify...

Jan was cold and we've had pack since 12/18, but we've had a lot of nickle and diming with sloppy events. The regional biggies we were grazed on. While Ray was bitching about only getting a foot, we got 5". The big NNE event we got mostly cold rain and then a ton of sleet. The cold was mostly useless.

Maybe F is a little harsh because I do appreciate the consistent pack that has protected my fruit trees from the few extreme cold shots. Maybe I'll go D-

B-

Any winter with a 2' plus event probably should not be lower than a C. But December was just awful. Missed out on the 12/24 snow to the S and SW and cold Christmas rain.

January had two good events, but seemed like we couldn't hold a pack well. Would have been epic to keep it cold like 2009, but the warm ups sort of did damage even if it wasn't days of 60+. 

February up in the air, but again, can't hold a pack long.

8 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

B-

Any winter with a 2' plus event probably should not be lower than a C. But December was just awful. Missed out on the 12/24 snow to the S and SW and cold Christmas rain.

January had two good events, but seemed like we couldn't hold a pack well. Would have been epic to keep it cold like 2009, but the warm ups sort of did damage even if it wasn't days of 60+. 

February up in the air, but again, can't hold a pack long.

I’m kind of surprised by this. Aren’t you over your season average already?

I think the same applies to you, as it does me, we are not a retention area. That doesn’t factor heavily into my grade.

13 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m kind of surprised by this. Aren’t you over your season average already?

I think the same applies to you, as it does me, we are not a retention area. That doesn’t factor heavily into my grade.

Nothing wrong with a B-. But December was horrible. I need more than a few weeks of snow to give winter anything more that that, and while it's not a retention area...we could have done better there.

I’d say B right now. December was garbage, January was epic with a monster blizzard, and Feb we had a decent snowstorm mid month with another threat Friday. Feb is still up in the air depending on how that works out. Whether or not this winter stays at B, goes down to a B- or goes up to an A rides on late Feb and the rest of March. If we get another blizzard this winter moves up to an A. Above average snow+ 1 monster blizzard automatically takes us above a C, 2 and well above average snow (60+ inches) and this winter is an A. A+ is reserved for the record breaking winters. Well below average temps, 3+ blizzards,  nearly double our average snow or more, and great snowpack retention. These are the 2014-2015, and 2010-2011 type winters.