• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.

NJwx85

4 hours ago, snywx said:

I think alot of it has to do with their climo being very similar to one another. CNJ/NYC/LI all average roughly 25-33" of snow while snowfall averages double that once you get 40 or so miles N & NW. Geographically places in Orange county are closer to Central Park than parts of Western Suffolk.

Yes this! Honestly this would be my argument for not having the HV in the same subforum as NYC because the winter climo of anywhere north and west of I287 is drastically different than NYC metro and southeast even though the closest point of I287 is like 25 miles from midtown.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Back to the storm I'd be curious to see the 0Z runs and tomorrows 12z runs as it's getting into more serious so to speak. The 18z GFS was a big shift I think toward what we'd expect climo wise but the fact the Euro came so far SE at 12z makes this feel very up in the air right now.    

GFS still had a major event.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Back to the storm I'd be curious to see the 0Z runs and tomorrows 12z runs as it's getting into more serious so to speak. The 18z GFS was a big shift I think toward what we'd expect climo wise but the fact the Euro came so far SE at 12z makes this feel very up in the air right now.    

18z.....

I only look at 0z and 12z runs

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

It did verbatim but was significantly north with the really severe icing of what had it had been showing in previous runs. Yesterday it was showing heavy icing down to SNJ, this run has it basically starting NYC on north.  

That’s the same as 12z was.

14 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

18z Euro precip panels 

FKjRfMMX0AQ6nwK.jpg

I am so fricking tired of seeing  almost every mid range model run in this progressive pattern showing the donut hole over the LV and LSV, no matter where the LP is situated , on the coast, as an App Runner and now an Ohio flyer. These models are so pathetic now and I have been doing this for 30 years. The combo of the NAM and Euro at 36 - 60 hours has usually been pretty reliable. This combo has even been an upheaval. This chaos is resulting in issuance of late warning or advisory events which causes more panic/weenism than anything else and the media hype is unbelievable. We have to create a better and definitely more reliable  mid range model for proper guidance.  Lets start by taking the avg of the GFS , Euro , GEM total precips and temps and actually calling it the RECON model instead of the worthless model called ICON. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

I am so fricking tired of seeing  almost every mid range model run in this progressive pattern showing the donut hole over the LV and LSV, no matter where the LP is situated , on the coast, as an App Runner and now an Ohio flyer. These models are so pathetic now and I have been doing this for 30 years. The combo of the NAM and Euro at 36 - 60 hours has usually been pretty reliable. This combo has even been an upheaval. This chaos is resulting in issuance of late warning or advisory events which causes more panic/weenism than anything else and the media hype is unbelievable. We have to create a better and definitely more reliable  mid range model for proper guidance.  Lets start by taking the avg of the GFS , Euro , GEM total precips and temps and actually calling it the RECON model instead of the worthless model called ICON. LOL

This is basically what i've started doing. The Euro use to be pretty reliable but I don't trust any model individually anymore so I just average what they all show. 

5 hours ago, rclab said:

Good afternoon all. I consider my Postage stamp to be a Will - Rutgers micro climate. As always …..

this is one of the worst personal attacks i have ever suffered.  any of my future communications to this forum or its members will be conducted through lawyers.  i hope you like dealing with the experts at Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

this is one of the worst personal attacks i have ever suffered.  any of my future communications to this forum or its members will be conducted through lawyers.  i hope you like dealing with the experts at Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

Your not alone Will. I just received a cease and desist requesT from the USPS. As always …..

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Yep NAM still not backing down on the amped/warm solution but still a little beyond its best range.

Hopefully we get to a situation where it’s cold rain that doesn’t melt much snow and it all freezes at the end. I think the collapse south to where it’s sleet is unlikely unless you’re up near I-84. 

I wouldn’t weigh the Nam too heavily pretty much ever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Hopefully we get to a situation where it’s cold rain that doesn’t melt much snow and it all freezes at the end. I think the collapse south to where it’s sleet is unlikely unless you’re up near I-84. 

I wouldn’t weigh the Nam too heavily pretty much ever. 

Huh all I'm hearing is that it will change to freezing rain by 6 am Friday and then temps will keep falling all day and it will change to snow in the afternoon.

• NJwx85 changed the title to February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.
  • IrishRob17 unpinned this topic