Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I’m all in for 0z. Small chance of an “emergency” showing up. But Timing should be right. See yas for 18z euro too

ugh my insurance sucks. I just got beat for $449 for Nike glasses and frames.  I mean it’s my fault. I skipped 2.5 years of exams. 

Somebody move this to banter. I’m not even gonna try on this phone. 

Stop squinting at the models and you'll be fine :nerdsmiley:

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I’m all in for 0z. Small chance of an “emergency” showing up. But Timing should be right. See yas for 18z euro too

ugh my insurance sucks. I just got beat for $449 for Nike glasses and frames.  I mean it’s my fault. I skipped 2.5 years of exams. 

F53538FC-B533-483B-8542-53F813AC25E2.thumb.jpeg.5f98a8ddb7ed95e801bd16669bbccc47.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

12 minutes ago, WhiteoutMD said:

At the rate it's stepping back from frozen this could be a non event come Friday maybe. Cold chasing moisture meh

The usual with these deals. Almost a certainty here, but could be pretty decent up near the PA line.

Remember the GFS is king though- it won't back down.:yikes:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The usual with these deals. Almost a certainty here, but could be pretty decent up near the PA line.

Remember the GFS is king though- it won't back down.:yikes:

Seems the meeting in the middle between the GFs and euro is going to be a Fall Line event. Fall line and north gets measurable icing and associated impacts. Another 25-50mi S/E of the Fall Line perhaps some light icing at the end plus a freeze over of surfaces. 

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

This really is setting up to be an ultimate test of the GFS new status.  Like most others said, I think everybody will meet in the middle as we close in

Based on it's performance for the last storm, I am not sure how/why it has this new status. I mean, the ICON may have even figured it out sooner.

Just now, CAPE said:

Based on it's performance for the last storm, I am not sure how/why it has this new status. I mean, the ICON may have even figured it out sooner.

This man hates the GFS.  Cut it some slack...we gotta be homers, even if it doesn't deserve it.  I think it's more of the Euro swinging wildly than anything else.

Just now, stormtracker said:

This man hates the GFS.  Cut it some slack...we gotta be homers, even if it doesn't deserve it.  I think it's more of the Euro swinging wildly than anything else.

I just think the model love hyperbole is silly, regardless of which one gets put up on a pedestal.

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Seems the meeting in the middle between the GFs and euro is going to be a Fall Line event. Fall line and north gets measurable icing and associated impacts. Another 25-50mi S/E of the Fall Line perhaps some light icing at the end plus a freeze over of surfaces. 

Could even see a bit of freezing/frozen at the very end here. Mount Holly is concerned about the freeze over potential.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The Euro has moved WAY more to the GFS than the GFS has toward the Euro on this event. GFS has crept up a few degrees...Euro is close to a full cave.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Imgoinhungry said:

i agree.  gfs overplaying cold front.  

I get the posts in here about being cautious with the Friday setup, 4/5 times they fail. But we've got a fresh airmass pressing down in here and we're only a degree or two off from this being a problematic event. It's foolhardy to outright dismiss this because then you look terrible.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Sunday too.  Book it

18z GFS trended toward the suppressed/offshore idea on the CMC and Euro. Still a ways to go with that one though. I have always liked the potential for early next week better than late this week, esp for the coastal plain. Still time.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

18z GFS trended toward the suppressed/offshore idea on the CMC and Euro. Still a ways to go with that one though. I have always liked the potential for early next week better than late this week, esp for the coastal plain. Still time.

That looks like a tough one to me.  I don’t like the look of it at all.  Seems complicated.  

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Emergency is an odd way to spell “booty call”

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

For the whole month of Jan, right? Been hella good here.

BTW a good part of the city is on the western edge of the coastal plain. The rest is close enough.

Yeah but still not East enough in a nina, though. We did however get a little piece of the weekend coastal (about 1.5" worth and some wind).

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic