• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.

Ginx snewx

At least we’ve got action…and the cold. It’ll be interesting to see which period emerges out of all of this? That’s all we can ask for at this point.  

All speculation at this point, but maybe Thursday becomes a lil more of a player, and then the 22nd shifts to the 24th? Just thinking out loud some?  

We’ll see what The latest Euro shows for these ideas in 45 minutes or so. 

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I doubt it will ever happen actually.  Too many variables that we may never fully understand enough to create the proper algorithms.

Even if you could model the atmospheric dynamics perfectly, you'd still have to have a dense enough coverage of data to make the forecast flawless. As the ole saying goes, the output is only as good as the data being input.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I doubt it will ever happen actually.  Too many variables that we may never fully understand enough to create the proper algorithms.

This is why the really good meteorologists  use the models  with a grain of salt. They look at the larger scale situation, at the analogues, at their own pattern recognition, etc. And then they put the model output in context in terms of what is more likely to happen in the end. It’s a bit like scientific detective work. We have some particularly gifted mets  on this forum.  it’s the weenies who have learned how to read model output who seem to be apoplectic about not having a model make an accurate projection. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Main issue as far as i was concerned, If it would have stayed anchored over QUE it would have been better for all.

I can afford one of the two to not work out...the high escaping, or the low cutting, but not both. Back near ORH and up to you can still get a decent thump with both. I am too close to the ocean for that.

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

The euro is just another model now. That has increased model chaos and uncertainty in the mid-range for nearly every storm. 

Euro is like 1A to the GFS 1B these days....there isn't a canyon-esque gap between them like there used to be.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

The euro is just another model now. That has increased model chaos and uncertainty in the mid-range for nearly every storm. 

All the models are having difficulty this winter.  Clearly there's something going on with data ingested and such in accurately modeling east-coast snow storms this season.  The problems may be related the increased resolution across the board on all the global models.

• Ginx snewx changed the title to Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic