• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Looks like, if nothing else, a very windy Monday afternoon is in store...

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Sunday through Friday.

Gusty westerly winds of 35 to 45 mph are likely Monday afternoon and
night.

A period of snow or wintry mix is possible late Tuesday night through
late Wednesday from a potential storm system. There is a lot of
uncertainty with the track and strength of this system so details in
timing and intensity of precipitation could change over the coming
days.

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

No wind and 56.  Feels pretty warm.

18 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Made it to 52 today. Was shocked that yesterday we made it to 50. Took notice yesterday the honey bees were flying around and also seen a few flies too 

Got to 57 here, 52 now. Wife and I walked at lunchtime and I was sweating a lot the last couple of miles.

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Looks like, if nothing else, a very windy Monday afternoon is in store...

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Sunday through Friday.

Gusty westerly winds of 35 to 45 mph are likely Monday afternoon and
night.

A period of snow or wintry mix is possible late Tuesday night through
late Wednesday from a potential storm system. There is a lot of
uncertainty with the track and strength of this system so details in
timing and intensity of precipitation could change over the coming
days.

I imagine there will be wind headlines in the northern ares of this region.  

• Weenie 1

45 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Got to 57 here, 52 now. Wife and I walked at lunchtime and I was sweating a lot the last couple of miles.

I just did the grass and worked up a minor sweat.  First time I have mowed in December since Florida and even in Florida it was only once or two years.  Usually dec-feb is mow free there.  I actually had those onions you see in the yard growing.  Crazy. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I just did the grass and worked up a minor sweat.  First time I have mowed in December since Florida and even in Florida it was only once or two years.  Usually dec-feb is mow free there.  I actually had those onions you see in the yard growing.  Crazy. 

My yellow Texas roses are blooming. 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have the same thing going on in my yard, and I also saw flies this afternoon. 

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My grass is done for the season. I will probably run the mower one more time, but for leaf mulching not grass mowing.

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

My grass is done for the season. I will probably run the mower one more time, but for leaf mulching not grass mowing.

That is my usual routine but it was too high to let go.  Plus the onions look terrible sprouting up above the grass.   I do not know why, but the grass is definitely not dormant yet.  The only thing keeping from weekly mowing is the lack of rain. 

I do not have a therm handy but several nights in the low 20's....seems strange.   I would have expected it to go dormant.  Several thick frosts as well.   It's the same in Hanover, Gettysburg, etc...people out mowing today.  

I thought that too, but remember that run we had in October where it was above 50 for weeks? That probably delayed the cooldown.

Just now, anotherman said:

I thought that too, but remember that run we had in October where it was above 50 for weeks? That probably delayed the cooldown.

Plus its been in the 50's several days over the last two weeks.  Much more so here than in the central LSV.  So I see that part of it but still thought it would have stopped growing after the freezes. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

F me. I don’t know what to do if we can’t get a sitter here - our cat would die. 

Since it is your house I am unsure of your comfort level,  but there are hundreds of pet sitters around Harrisburg of which some are animals lovers and will do anything and everything to get to your house....or even stay there several days. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Since it is your house I am unsure of your comfort level,  but there are hundreds of pet sitters around Harrisburg of which some are animals lovers and will do anything and everything to get to your house....or even stay there several days. 

Well we have them lined up but if we get a 8” of snow no one will drive. Even 4” makes it dangerous and I doubt they would risk that for their own safety. Jesus. 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Well we have them lined up but if we get a 8” of snow no one will drive. Even 4” makes it dangerous and I doubt they would risk that for their own safety. Jesus. 

Yea, I figured you had someone lined up but sounded like they were worried about snow.  Some will go no matter how much snow.  Just have to worry about a "new person".  I will drive over there vs. let your cat die.