• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

You don't get both. That's not in the rules. It used to be. You used to get snow and travel, and then an airplane decided to cut a trip short and land on the 14th Street bridge in DC and ruined it for everyone. 

So now you have to pick. I'm sorry. I didn't make the rules. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I know the feeling.  I travel to Florida every few months and it gets stressful, in the winter, watching digital snow on models that I may miss.   I fear I will miss the Blizzard of 2022! 

At least I'm not worried about that with this thing whatever it may be.  But Pittsburgh doesn't get massive snows often, so even missing 3" would be disappointing.  My trip will be fun, so I'll get over it.

9 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

At least I'm not worried about that with this thing whatever it may be.  But Pittsburgh doesn't get massive snows often, so even missing 3" would be disappointing.  My trip will be fun, so I'll get over it.

You have had a few biggies out there but I know what you mean.  The airmass we currently have means you will not miss much regardless. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Except that short period, the GFS is actually not that warm its just not cold.  Its moderate or temperate.  Not quite balmy.  

Yes, the duration of the heat wave was reduced significantly. There’s a huge ridge behind that trough, so we’ll see how fantasyland plays out.

12 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

High temps in the teens across the Midwest under that ridge? What am I missing?

I will take a shot.  The air mass is coming out of Canada is quite cold as it moves into the Upper Mid West....the return flow from that ridge erodes it pretty quickly though so "stale cold"?