Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

46 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

And when do they punt New Year's? 

I think it's time to punt the lot. This feels like 2012. I think that was the year we had basically nothing. 

3 days into met winter is no time to punt anything.  You were awake last year correct.  Odds can be defied.  We all like quick starts and pray for endless days of snow, but, like many other times, we just have to be patient.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Bub thanks for the updates! I’ll see what we’re showing Sunday and then maybe get excited. Was hoping for a 3-5” type snow.

Sure, totally different evolution this time.  Energy seems split keeping thins further south and less moisture laden as a second SLP forms on the front well to our south. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sure, totally different evolution this time.  Energy seems split keeping thins further south and less moisture laden as a second SLP forms on the front well to our south. 

Nothing like a southern slider and then 50 deg here waiting for the next cold front to wash rinse repeat..right.  We saw this several times last year.

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Nothing like a southern slider and then 50 deg here waiting for the next cold front to wash rinse repeat..right.  We saw this several times last year.

How much for Shortpump.  In all seriousness we really do have a full suite of solutions here.   GFS is still amped.  UKIE and Icon focus on the first piece of energy but slides below us (good times).  Euro and CMC both shows signs of a second system forming that keeps the whole deal minimized for us. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

How much for Shortpump.  In all seriousness we really do have a full suite of solutions here.   GFS is still amped.  UKIE and Icon focus on the first piece of energy but slides below us (good times).  Euro and CMC both shows signs of a second system forming that keeps the whole deal minimized for us. 

start throwing darts Bubbler

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro jams that weekend cutter through the Midwest and ensures the warm weekend everyone else is on board with, though it’s quite cold on the back end.

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The Euro has struggled mightily since it's "upgrade" a few years ago. 

This is what I don't get about the continued worship of the Euro. Ever since it's upgrade, it's been pretty bad and the GFS, while not being at a Euro during Sandy level of proficiency, has been pretty solid. We don't like that because it gives us bad solutions, but this "King Euro" shtick needs to be retired. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Good news is that its not going poof....so hey, maybe we sneak one in before we get the shorts out......(or for some, just keep em on).

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The 510 line makes its first LSV appearance at 240. 

dude, if the Euro wants the crown back, its gotta earn it.  If this next week gig happens, it will help for sure.  Historically when Euro/CMC/UKie are seeing something similar, it raises ones eyebrow, so what the heck. 

I'll be happy to wait a few more days before closing the shades, and then hope that they aren't closed for long.  December snow is my favorite.  

16 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Eps 6 hour precip 

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-8964800.thumb.png.cf205359c3223e54c2bfc0a5b63a6cdf.png

Gotta say thats a nice look, but HP location is gonna be critical.  me thinks verbatim, thin strip of decent snows (but some to the south get on the board).

OTOH if the HP scoots too soon (GFS)....it's coldish tears falling from the sky.  Nothin there to anchor it, but hey, timing IS everything.  

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Gotta say thats a nice look, but HP location is gonna be critical.  me thinks verbatim, thin strip of decent snows (but some to the south get on the board).

OTOH if the HP scoots too soon (GFS)....it's coldish tears falling from the sky.  Nothin there to anchor it, but hey, timing IS everything.  

GFS is wrong it has to be.

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Trying to think when we were successfully with a HP progression like this and drawing a blank, honestly.

45 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

dude, if the Euro wants the crown back, its gotta earn it.  If this next week gig happens, it will help for sure.  Historically when Euro/CMC/UKie are seeing something similar, it raises ones eyebrow, so what the heck. 

I'll be happy to wait a few more days before closing the shades, and then hope that they aren't closed for long.  December snow is my favorite.  

You were not around much in the summer, guy, but I have been a vocal dissenter of the Euro but try to do it without insulting anyone who does not agree.  I do not like when some of the chicken no littles in the MA bash the Nam because they read someone else doing it.  But to me its just another suite to talk about and compare.   

29 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Thread the needle most likely for those wanting a advisory event .

I did like seeing the latest Eps trend the mega low to the north of our high a bit further south in the Labrador Sea ...as to help stall the escape of our high a bit more.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-mslp-8964800.thumb.png.3f9b85dfeaeb0736ac9ded3005f66c4e.png

Yeah, thats gonna be the way to the promise land.  With no help from AO, possible neutralish look on NAO for this timeframe could support HP being a bit further south doing its "dirty work" and helping some of us out.  I'm keying on NAO as it can come and go in short notice, so models do have a chance at further correcting based on that alone IMO.   

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You were not around much in the summer, guy, but I have been a vocal dissenter of the Euro but try to do it without insulting anyone who does not agree.  I do not like when some of the chicken no littles in the MA bash the Nam because they read someone else doing it.  But to me its just another suite to talk about and compare.   

lol's.  Was just a comment, and not a pointed one whatsover.  All good. Carry on pal.   Headed home for happy hour....give me something to drink in celebration over (other than the friggin week being over).