Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I hit 53 at some point overnight but temps dropping quick now, down to 37.  Haven't officially measured precip yet but looks like ~1.1" so far.  Perhaps a wee bit of frozen later on but it will be fighting diurnal heating, otherwise a non-event down here, as expected.

The HRRR does not drop us under freezing until post 7PM now. 

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

37 here.  Made it to 58 last night. 

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I hit 53 at some point overnight but temps dropping quick now, down to 37.  Haven't officially measured precip yet but looks like ~1.1" so far.  Perhaps a wee bit of frozen later on but it will be fighting diurnal solar insolation, otherwise a non-event down here, as expected.

.95" of rain yesterday, .47" since midnight for a storm total of 1.42". High yesterday was 56, now down to 34.3 currently.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Maybe you get a little icy stuff later?  But like MJS said, hard to see it causing road issues now. 

Update a few minutes ago from Elliott confirms what you said earlier:

As expected, colder air is taking longer to filter into the Lower Susquehanna Valley. Temps. are still several degrees above freezing to the S/E of the I-81/78 corridors & near freezing farther N/W. I don't anticipate #icy roads to be an issue S/E of I-81/78 until after sunset.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

One thing I forgot to mention last night was Penn State Main Campus actually cancelled classes today for this event. You could imagine all the “back in my day” comments that came from that decision. 

bunch of snowflakes.........

oh the irony of that statement   :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

One thing I forgot to mention last night was Penn State Main Campus actually cancelled classes today for this event. You could imagine all the “back in my day” comments that came from that decision. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

No photo description available.

See, I live this every day. It's pretty remarkable how creative people have gotten these days with the reasons why they can't come to work. Privacy issues protect these types of things from being shared, but trust me - I get some doozies. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

See, I live this every day. It's pretty remarkable how creative people have gotten these days with the reasons why they can't come to work. Privacy issues protect these types of things from being shared, but trust me - I get some doozies. 

Not in HR but still having employees, I once had a guy cancel because his ice cream was melting. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I'm going to need further detail here haha....

He was the kind that Training may be alluding to.  Any excuses you could think of....so his power went out and apparently he had a freezer full of ice cream, for some reason, so he had to go into action and run down to Sheetz and get ice to both try and save the ice cream as well as not have it melt all over his freezer.   

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He was the kind that Training may be alluding to.  Any excuses you could think of....so his power went out and apparently he had a freezer full of ice cream, for some reason, so he had to go into action and run down to Sheetz and get ice to both try and save the ice cream as well as not have it melt all over his freezer.   

You know what, I'm going to give him a pass on that haha.  I think I agree that that is indeed an emergency!

Edit:  I am a known ice cream lover, so my opinion may be biased here ha.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I had a guy call off work as there was a water main break in his hood. because of that he couldn't brush his teeth. 

he was also the same guy who was normally out of sick time by January 4th. (back in those days each employee started with 3 sick days)

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nobody knows your last name on here, right? Spill. 

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Precip will shut off just about as the temp goes below freezing here (currently 34). As expected, warm air wins. CTP did damn good with this tricky forecast. 

Thanks for recognizing this...

I mean that. Really easy to throw criticism in advance. But how often do people come back and give praise when they ended up being correct? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Light rain continues as my temp slowly oozes it's way towards freezing. 33.8 currently, 1.46" of rain. 

I see we have our first Flood Warning for the Swatara Creek. (Harpers Tavern area only)

We're nearly exact.  Currently 33.6 with light rain.  0.13" (only!) today+ 1.30" yesterday for a storm total of 1.43".  My temp never got above 41.7 the entire event.  That helped "preserve" the remaining snow in my backyard.  About half of it is now bare grass but the other half still has over an inch, which I guess I get to hold on to for at least a few more days.