Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

40 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1.55" of rain here, temp is down to 31.3. Hasn't rained for close to an hour and my sidewalk is already mostly dry 

Yeah, we pretty much dodged it down this way, didn't we?  Radar returns have dried up so unless we get some freezing drizzle or mist (temp is now 31.7), should be OK.  Fine with me.  

• Like 1

Finally dropped below 32.0 about 20 minutes ago.  Now down to 31.1 with very light freezing rain / drizzle.  There has only been a few hundredths since going below with virtually no sign of any accumulation on surfaces as of yet.

I just can't get over how long it took for many of us to drop to freezing.  First the models said 1:00am, then they said 4:00am, then they said 7:00am (last night's run) but it took until between 1:00 and 2:00pm.  Six hours later than progged only 2 runs ago and more than 12 hours later than it was showing about 2 days ago.  

7 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Finally dropped below 32.0 about 20 minutes ago.  Now down to 31.1 with very light freezing rain / drizzle.  There has only been a few hundredths since going below with virtually no sign of any accumulation on surfaces as of yet.

I just can't get over how long it took for many of us to drop to freezing.  First the models said 1:00am, then they said 4:00am, then they said 7:00am (last night's run) but it took until between 1:00 and 2:00pm.  Six hours later than progged only 2 runs ago and more than 12 hours later than it was showing about 2 days ago.  

Warm air never loses. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Down to 30.4 here - was just out and any surface that was wet is now...still wet. 

Great call by Kyle at MU. CTP never needed the advisory for our area. (it appears)

Yep, been my expectation all along.  The signs were pretty clearly pointing towards a non-event down this way.

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Rain down toward Chambersburg looks too heavy to cause accretion. I'm still at 33. 

Have had around 1.4" rain from this system. Too bad the temps crash 12 hours AFTER it basically wraps up. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. 

I was just in Chambersburg and the rain was about 1/2 sleet.  But temp never got below 34. 

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No, but I have some really heavy sleet right now. Actually sounds like hail. Temp down to 29.8. 

Well what do you know!? Looks like we are going to see a touch of winter out of this after all haha. Last little band pushing through and sure enough it’s a nice moderate to heavy sleet shower. 

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Took a trip into Clearfield. Roads are garbage and it's still snowing. Winter here is just so radically different from what years in the LSV. 

It really is amazing how much different it is when you get up in the plateau region.

My official event total: 1.38” rain and a Trace of sleet.

Now it is time for whiskey and Penn State wrestling.