Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Nothing like a battle down the very end between our models. I don’t hate the radar to our SW. 

Hoping to get the Carroll Valley/South Mountain enhancement going on this one, squeeze out optimal snow growth too. 

If you live in one of those housing developments in the hills, the roads get terrible there during decent snows.   Not sure how some of those suburbanites get out sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If you live in one of those housing developments in the hills, the roads get terrible there during decent snows.   Not sure how some of those suburbanites get out sometimes. 

Yeah I’m right off Jacks Mountain. I can’t imagine it’s pleasant to be honest… will be the first shovel-able we hope. But hoping the location will benefit us like it did for them last year (the storm where they got 17 and in Westminster I got 7)

Still waiting for the virga to reach the ground.  I think maybe some is reaching the ground but I can't see it.  Temp has been dropping, now down to 32.5 while the dew point is only up to 22.  Wet bulb has actually dropped slightly from 29.3 to 29.1.  What perfect conditions for it to start sticking almost immediately.  

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Yeah I’m right off Jacks Mountain. I can’t imagine it’s pleasant to be honest… will be the first shovel-able we hope. But hoping the location will benefit us like it did for them last year (the storm where they got 17 and in Westminster I got 7)

I believe even being in that "mountainous" area gets you enhancement.  You get an inch or two more than downtown Fairfield.  I would never travel Jack's mountain in a snowstorm.  LOL 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Very surprised how well the Rap has been doing with placement of precip so going to give it another shout out.  Could be a total screw up after the game is over but the map is still pretty for our forum. Latest run.  Amazing consistency for Adams county.  

image.png.4396bbbc90184211a1619d5884d08122.png

6 shades.   Tight gradient 

light snow

32/21

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hey y'all. As promised and hot off the presses. My current forecast thoughts for the storm. I did not include NW side of PA because I did not look that way, but very likely 2-4" with as much as 7" in the higher terrain. Enjoy the snow!! :sled:

2102022764_0106SnowForecast2-MA.thumb.png.ed0ad8f07201bc07f69cc2ca649bb358.png

A good old fashioned, solid snow storm!  Thanks for doing that. 

• Like 1