• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

That 3-7" range should have a warning because the mid-point of that range is 5" which is the threshold for WSW.  (I know the coverage has to be 50% or greater in any particular county to qualify.)  Will be fun to see.

4 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

CTP for Adams

Snow, mainly before 5am. Low around 20. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible. 

I'm gonna try to have an updated map for you guys later. I have work soon, but should have some time today. Models are still trying to settle the overall setup with the energy transfer idea, but I think the bounds are coming together for the event in the snowfall ranges. I'll try to give y'all the scoop later. Wish I was back east!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm hoping for enough snow tonight to survive sun and near 32 temps Friday and Saturday. Then, give me a glaze of ice on Sunday to preserve the snowpack (and survive the rain later) which should in theory last well into next week given the temps forecasted. 

wow...weve said it before....we do think alike....

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm hoping for enough snow tonight to survive sun and near 32 temps Friday and Saturday. Then, give me a glaze of ice on Sunday to preserve the snowpack (and survive the rain later) which should in theory last well into next week given the temps forecasted. 

All the way.    Make it feel like winter.   And keep golfers away

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

What I like about this map, at least my way, is that we are going to be more like 15:1 ratios I’d imagine…so 2.8 based in .28 liquid is much closer to 4

Then you'll enjoy this one as well.  Glad for all of us, and we've been chatting about ratios being 12-15:1 for this event.  Hope you guys enjoy and thx for stopping over ;).  Good luck.

nam3km_asnow_neus_19.png

21 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I'm gonna try to have an updated map for you guys later. I have work soon, but should have some time today. Models are still trying to settle the overall setup with the energy transfer idea, but I think the bounds are coming together for the event in the snowfall ranges. I'll try to give y'all the scoop later. Wish I was back east!

We miss having you as a regular, but thanks for not "forgetting where you came from".  We'll send pics ;)

• Like 1

Just now, paweather said:

Yep 4-6" totals I would think

TBH most peeps dont see a difference in 3-5 vs 4-6"  If you like snow, its never enough....If you hate it...its still too much.  Know what I mean?

I think its just us weenies looking for backyard posting rights that really get in a dither.  Maybe I'm wrong though.  

• Like 2

Just now, pasnownut said:

TBH most peeps dont see a difference in 3-5 vs 4-6"  If you like snow, its never enough....If you hate it...its still too much.  Know what I mean?

I think its just us weenies looking for backyard posting rights that really get in a dither.  Maybe I'm wrong though.  

I do. for sure love it and never enough but glad we are in the game now for the year

• Like 1

You said it brother.

Only weenies need that WSW badge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

We miss having you as a regular, but thanks for not "forgetting where you came from".  We'll send pics ;)

I do miss home and I'm gonna try hard to get back. In the meantime, I always consider you guys great friends and fellow snow weenies, regardless of where I live. Let's bring this one home :) 

• Like 5

Just now, paweather said:

I do. for sure love it and never enough but glad we are in the game now for the year

While were rather focused on bringing this one home....like trainer said, we may have a poke at it sticking around....and next week into wayouttherville looks like we should have more chances at padding stats (for you stat guys n gals).  I just want snow on snow damnit.  I'm easy like that.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superstorm said:

You said it brother.

Only weenies need that WSW badge.

I can't tell you how many times over the years I've been under a Winter Storm Warning and received 0" of snow. Those warnings mean NOTHING to me, other than the obvious (impending significant winter storm is likely) How much snow piles up in my yard is not influenced by wording from the NWS.

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

While were rather focused on bringing this one home....like trainer said, we may have a poke at it sticking around....and next week into wayouttherville looks like we should have more chances at padding stats (for you stat guys n gals).  I just want snow on snow damnit.  I'm easy like that.  

Yeah I think the overall pattern is cold hope more snow chances. 

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I do miss home and I'm gonna try hard to get back. In the meantime, I always consider you guys great friends and fellow snow weenies, regardless of where I live. Let's bring this one home :) 

Your alright dude.  Props for stickin w/ us.  Back at ya....

schedule it and maybe one of these long tried but never materialized GTG's could be centered around your visit. 

Just picture you n Mag surrounded by a bunch of :weenie:'s drinking beer and getting barraged w/ questions about weather.  Hope that didnt scare you away :lol:

• Haha 1