Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

right past Hummelstown into downtown Hershey

I never understood how people didn't realize the term "Hershey Highway" described the local area. 

Hummelstown is the pink

Palmyra is the stink

Hershey is the thin strip of perineum about an inch and a half between the two. 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That tongue (that is what it is, right...a tongue?) of moisture going north of me could delay it here a bit.  HRRR starts in Harrisburg before me.  

That does make sense solely based on the trajectory. Sometimes it's easy to assume that any area south and/or west will snow first, but that isn't always the case. Snow advancement rarely moves in a straight line. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That does make sense solely based on the trajectory. Sometimes it's easy to assume that any area south and/or west will snow first, but that isn't always the case. Snow advancement rarely moves in a straight line. 

Yep depends where the best overrunning breaks out from the WAA, which often times leads to some odd configurations, at least initially. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Non-snow question real quick - for those that have weather stations, did any of you have a sudden, short spike in wind gusts between 4:00AM - 5:00AM? As I've stated before, my station is not set at a location to accurately measure wind speed. In fact, since I've had my current station up and running the past 3 years, my top wind gust recorded is 22.6mph. All night, my wind was between calm and 1.8 mph. From 4am to 5am, I had multiple gusts approaching 15mph. Judging from what I "heard", I'd guess the actual gusts were in the 30mph range or so. 

Did anyone else record this? As quickly as the winds came, they went back to calm in less than an hour. 

I had a 34 mph gust at 4:08. I had a 41 mph gust earlier - around midnight. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

GFS could be overstating the speed was just shocked to see it that far east at 7PM.  Has it ending here around 1AM. 

It's definitely sped up - also, there seems to be the thought that it will race eastward only so far before progress slows significantly once the coastal takes over. I wonder if Globals like the GFS might struggle seeing that? 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's definitely sped up - also, there seems to be the thought that it will race eastward only so far before progress slows significantly once the coastal takes over. I wonder if Globals like the GFS might struggle seeing that? 

HRRR has it racing eastward but more in a Northerly fashion.    No snow in Philly until after midnight.   Quite the gamut of advice from the models. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've made it to a BWI gate from my house in 1:20 - I'm talking about coming home, and including baggage pickup. 

Ah, we hardy ever fly out of BWI with checked baggage. We usually are home around 1:45. We park in the onsite garage almost always, sometimes we use Fast Park and Relax but I hate shuttles, even though theirs are fast and take you right to your car. 

• Like 1