Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Speaking of travel, has anyone gone to CVS or other location and taken one of the fast Covid tests?  I would ask in the Covid thread but prefer a local response to how it has gone around here vs. big city stories.  Do you usually get results back within a couple hours?   I may be around some non vaxxed people next Saturday. 

They ones taken at cvs take 24-36 hours - you can buy the at home Binax antigen test and get results in 15 mins.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Topped out at 65 here today. 

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT surged 18 degrees in 5 hours to crush the record coming in at 68.   If, ands and buts....however if it was a sunny day the all time Dec high would have been challenged. 

67 was the high here despite virtually full cloudiness. Sitting at 56 now, winds are brisk but nowhere near what they were mid-afternoon. 

20 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Was cold air dammed most of day. Temp rose 3 degrees after dark to make it to 60 

Hit 57 here at 8pm, but now down to 47. Had crazy winds (got blown all around in the Jeep) driving home from Allentown tonight, but here at the house, so far only a measly 11.4 mph peak gust.

12 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Hit 57 here at 8pm, but now down to 47. Had crazy winds (got blown all around in the Jeep) driving home from Allentown tonight, but here at the house, so far only a measly 11.4 mph peak gust.

You and canderson should consider a swap to satisfy each person's wind needs.  Lol

• Haha 2

My high today was reached after the winds arrived, which was 57.6.  The strongest winds lasted for about 30 minutes.  I had frequent gusts into the low to mid 20's, but nothing higher.  Then, suddenly, it was like someone shut the wind switch off because they died back down quickly to under 10 mph and haven't even been 5 mph recently.  The temp took a nosedive from the 57.6 back at 8:00 and has dropped back down to 45.  Here, at least, no wind advisory was needed.  I'm not complaining.  High winds always worry me because I have a bunch of 100 foot tall trees in my back yard with my yard facing north.  That means a high northerly wind could blow one of them over with the tree easily crashing into my second floor roof and master bedroom.  Thankfully all the leaves are finally off and the worry factor is tempered down a bit.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT surged 18 degrees in 5 hours to crush the record coming in at 68.   If, ands and buts....however if it was a sunny day,  the all time Dec high would have been challenged. 

How ‘bout it!?  I’m down to 45 now. Very solid gusts here, have the dog barking and the baby moving around the crib. Whiskey is helping ha.