• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Hi guys.  I have a question about weather stations.  My parents want to buy me one for Christmas, but I really don't know what to recommend.  I don't want to break the bank, but also don't want something super cheap.  Any thoughts on this?  It seems like many of you have one at your home.  Thanks in advance.

21 minutes ago, paweather said:

Thursday looks to be the warmest day

verbatim, yes it does.  Saturday looks like boundary safely down to the MA and they can fight over whos in 40's and 60's.  Seeing a threat inside 200hrs is nice and models are starting to latch on to some of what the tellies have been suggesting.  Couple more runs like 6z's and we may be able to start parsing over Op runs for whos getting what.  I'm fully prepared to be screwed way down here, but in mid december, I expect it, and smile for whatever I can scarf up while norther/westers cash in (and cashtown of course).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

verbatim, yes it does.  Saturday looks like boundary safely down to the MA and they can fight over whos in 40's and 60's.  Seeing a threat inside 200hrs is nice and models are starting to latch on to some of what the tellies have been suggesting.  Couple more runs like 6z's and we may be able to start parsing over Op runs for whos getting what.  I'm fully prepared to be screwed way down here, but in mid december, I expect it, and smile for whatever I can scarf up while norther/westers cash in (and cashtown of course).

Agreed. Good stuff NUT.  

1 hour ago, paweather said:

Thursday looks to be the warmest day

57 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

showing mid 60s at my shanty. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

absolutely. I'm sure there will be a driveway party :drunk:

Only curveball is backdoorish like antecedent cold that looks to press down east of apps Wed.  IF that holds a little longer/stronger, then 60's might be a stretch.  As we've seen all too often, warm often wins, so we'll see.  Here is a pic of what I'm suggesting.  Nooner NAM shows this as well.

gfs_T2m_us_14.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2m temps are still close here in the LSV.  Friday has eeked up a bit in last 2-3 runs, so keep an eye as if the boundary doesnt get far enough south....I may pull shorts out as well.  I'm planning on warmth and will be happy if we backdoor or get the boundary a little deeper till the reshuffle gets us back to normalish.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Boy, if MDT gets to 66 on Thursday that will be quite the warm surge.  I would have thought 55-60.  Some sneaky 50's possible each day it appears.  Already 46-47 at MDT. 

2m temps are more supportive of your thoughts...as of now, but as suggested by trainer some time ago, GFS verifies warmer than modeled, so...dunno.  I'm writing the week off as a loss and just getting on w/ it.

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

2m temps are more supportive of your thoughts...as of now, but as suggested by trainer some time ago, GFS verifies warmer than modeled, so...dunno.  I'm writing the week off as a loss and just getting on w/ it.

I agree, there is no winter weather this week.  You may have alluded to it in your previous post, but next Saturday is a close call on MR models right now.   Not much separation between 24 degrees.   Track of the SLP easy to see in the GFS below.  Hopefully the boundary pushes south from here for next week. 

Capture.JPG

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I agree, there is no winter weather this week.  You may have alluded to it in your previous post, but next Saturday is a close call on MR models right now.   Not much separation between 24 degrees.   GFS below.  Hopefully the boundary pushes south from here for next week. 

Here is why I'm not as concerned for 40 northers.  Cold is pressing as noted at 700/850's.  While were only ankle deep attm....its still pressing and wind suggests we've lost some SW flow up here.  

gfs_T700_eus_19.png

gfs_T850_eus_19.png

• Like 1