• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

I guess the question becomes: How long does one chase this just out of reach change before realizing it's just a mirage and... punts? 

If we're now chasing New Years after chasing down after Turkey Day, and then mid-December, and then December 20, and then December 25... and now after New Year's, one can assume by the end of this week or next we're running down Dr. King's dream of cold and snow, and then hoping Cupid shoots George Warshington with a frozen arrow, and then Saint Patrick casts all the warmth out of America. And the next thing you know, you're bitching about the cold rain when you're supposed to be opening up the pool. 

No bad news on your channel? You need to upgrade to where the entire story is told lol

• Haha 3

If one loops nooner GFS Ens. runs both look rather similar and notably better for the east as we progress through next week and beyond.  Verbatim it'd be bowlin balls across the conus w/ maybe some clippers.  No deep trough (which means zonal but again not a kiss of death), as source regions come from the N and NW.  Not the most exciting pattern, but one that could give us a bit of white here and there.  

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

If one loops nooner GFS Ens. runs both look rather similar and notably better for the east as we progress through next week and beyond.  Verbatim it'd be bowlin balls across the conus w/ maybe some clippers.  No deep trough (which means zonal but again not a kiss of death), as source regions come from the N and NW.  Not the most exciting pattern, but one that could give us a bit of white here and there.  

That was what I saw over some various Op runs the last few days.  Snow chances but no sustained cold as the cold faucet never opens from the north.   We have been dealing with the zonal's every winter for some time now   There was the one run where it put a deep trough in the west but otherwise has been more zonal than anything. 

15 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

You forgot to tag someone who might be interested in that…

Some are interested in any weather phenomena that is well off the norm.  Otherwise, the Palouse never gets mentioned here.   According to Wiki, the highest temp ever in a Minn December is 74.   @MrFreeze6298, you may be interested!   @Itstrainingtime

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some are interested in any weather phenomena that is well off the norm.  Otherwise, the Palouse never gets mentioned here.   According to Wiki, the highest temp ever in a Minn December is 74.   @MrFreeze6298, you may be interested! 

Bingo. People ask me if I'm a snow guy, I correct them and say that I'm a weather nerd. While I don't like severe, I do love to follow all types of weather. Can't get enough of it. If it's going to be warm, let's keep setting record highs as it will be noteworthy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Bingo. People ask me if I'm a snow guy, I correct them and say that I'm a weather nerd. While I don't like severe, I do love to follow all types of weather. Can't get enough of it. If it's going to be warm, let's keep setting record highs as it will be noteworthy. 

Fix to tag you.  LOL 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yesterdays run. 

todays run.  Looks colder out ahead of your time of interest

It gets there a different way from 0Z, with more of a transient trough this run, but the surface reflection in the Gulf is similar and not that impressive.   Not going to get anywhere near us with that HP in NC. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

It gets there a different way from 0Z, with more of a transient trough this run, but the surface reflection in the Gulf is similar and not that impressive.   Not going to get anywhere near us with that HP in NC. 

It fits the zonal looks that have been showing up.  Not really surprised.  Still stepping down in temps though.  Hoping for a bit more continuity w/ EPS/GFS Ens. 

15 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Since this is a glorified sports thread, I’ll bite. You have high hopes for the Steelers, or Cowboys, or Eagles, or whoever when the season starts. But then they lose the opener. You think “oh well, plenty of time to turn it around.” Then Week 2 rolls around and they lose again. Oh shit, this doesn’t look good. Hopefully some major adjustments happen in Week 3. But Week 3 rolls around and they’re down 17-7 at the half. That’s about where things stand right now wx wise. Hopefully the halftime adjustments are good.

We got the ball to start the second half, but a 2 yard run, incomplete pass, and sack on 3rd down leads to a 3 and out. And yinz know what that means!

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You're foolish if you want the Steelers to fire Mike Tomlin - Steel City  Underground

"We don't seek comfort in our situation...we're men, and we're not looking for sympathy. It is what the situation is. We failed in all 3 phases in the weather today. There are no moral victories on the models. My father taught me that if something smells bad, it probably stinks. Right now we stink. We'll uncover every opportunity and make the necessary adjustments to improve." I'm paid to win, and right now, we're not winning."

- Mike Tomin (after every single loss, and his weekly comments about football resonate with the weather currently) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1