Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Forecast high for me today was 53, currently sitting at 54. Another bust with high temps. 

Oh, and I'm not going to lie...I'm digging this weather right now. It's another beautiful day. Never thought I'd feel this way about 50s in the middle of December. 

Golf course is packed.  Prob 40-50 cars in parking lot 

Forecast high for me today was 53, currently sitting at 54. Another bust with high temps. 
Oh, and I'm not going to lie...I'm digging this weather right now. It's another beautiful day. Never thought I'd feel this way about 50s in the middle of December. 

Me 2. I am really enjoying this weather. I love snow, but don’t like it too cold.

The worst weather in winter is warm and wet or cold and dry.

I’ll take warm and dry if I can’t have the snow.

• Like 2

Just now, paweather said:

Lets give the EURO a chance to doom us too

Meh - step outside (if possible) and enjoy today. Can't control what will or won't happen. 

I spent far too much of life getting all worked up, worrying away my wishes for snow and cold. If and when it comes; great, but don't miss out on what we have today. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Meh - step outside (if possible) and enjoy today. Can't control what will or won't happen. 

I spent far too much of life getting all worked up, worrying away my wishes for snow and cold. If and when it comes; great, but don't miss out on what we have today. 

I am not worked up just disappointing. Maybe it will come back or maybe it won't LOL. 

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The bugs I mentioned, the other day, were not normal at all for the last few winters. Little buggers are also apparently digging it. 

37 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Until we jump into mjo phase 8,1,2, I don’t even look at the models.

And here is my issue with that....we can say it is fact, and maybe it is some case, but even if the MJO is in 7 there is no rule that says it has to progress to 8.  Forecasting the MJO is not easy. 

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

I am not worked up just disappointing. Maybe it will come back or maybe it won't LOL. 

Sorry, wasn't saying you were worked up. I was just sharing how relentlessly chasing affected ME. My disposition would be negatively affected if the weather didn't do what I wanted. It took a long time for me to step back and realize that while I love snow, my overall health and sanity is far more important. 

• Like 1

Sorry, wasn't saying you were worked up. I was just sharing how relentlessly chasing affected ME. My disposition would be negatively affected if the weather didn't do what I wanted. It took a long time for me to step back and realize that while I love snow, my overall health and sanity is far more important. 

yep all good and agree with you

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It took a long time for me to step back and realize that while I love snow, my overall health and sanity is far more important. 

I’m still trying to get to that point, is there a 12 step program for recovering snow addicts?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m still trying to get to that point, is there a 12 step program for recovering snow addicts?

Yeah. Unfortunately steps 1-12 involve stepping off of this forum. 

I'm not here too much during the non-winter months, and that's moreso because I'm enjoying the weather and what comes with it. I tend to come around for severe season or floods or record heat, anything extreme. Aside from that, I'm generally a ghost once winter has ended. 

Doing that during a winterless winter is also usually pretty therapeutic. It does require coming back every so often to make sure you're not missing a threat, but you can usually tell where you stand if the forum remains dead overnight. 

It's getting to be that time again. 

10 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

1. Watch Steelers games before annual trip

2. Attend a Steelers game

3. Watch the "highlights" after the Steelers game

4. Remind yourself that next year, you're not going to a Steelers game.

5. The following week, buy tickets for your next Steelers game.

6. Confirm reservations for said Steelers game.

7. - 12.: Repeat the first 6 steps.  This will divert your mind from something that you can't control in life to something that you actually can, but yet choose to continue to do it anyway. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm not here too much during the non-winter months, and that's moreso because I'm enjoying the weather and what comes with it. I tend to come around for severe season or floods or record heat, anything extreme. Aside from that, I'm generally a ghost once winter has ended. 

Doing that during a winterless winter is also usually pretty therapeutic. It does require coming back every so often to make sure you're not missing a threat, but you can usually tell where you stand if the forum remains dead overnight. 

I used to wake up every morning and gauge how well the overnight model runs were based solely on how many new pages were added to the MD/VA thread. If there wasn't more than a page or two...close the curtains. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I can get these guys to bullshit about sports all spring, summer, fall, and winterless winter long. Case in point:

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1. Watch Steelers games before annual trip

2. Attend a Steelers game

3. Watch the "highlights" after the Steelers game

4. Remind yourself that next year, you're not going to a Steelers game.

5. The following week, buy tickets for your next Steelers game.

6. Confirm reservations for said Steelers game.

7. - 12.: Repeat the first 6 steps.  This will divert your mind from something that you can't control in life to something that you actually can, but yet choose to continue to do it anyway. 

So replace one hobby that is 1% triumphs and 99% kicks to the nuts with another hobby that is 1% triumphs and 99% kicks to the nuts. Got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TimB84 said:

I can get these guys to bullshit about sports all spring, summer, fall, and winterless winter long. Case in point:

So replace one hobby that is 1% triumphs and 99% kicks to the nuts with another hobby that is 1% triumphs and 99% kicks to the nuts. Got it.

And that was my point. Replace it with something that you can't control with something you can.

And yet still continue to be miserable. 

:) 

And that was my point. Replace it with something that you can't control with something you can.

And yet still continue to be miserable. 

:) 

What I missed in that is, you bought tickets to another game after that Lions debacle? Are we talking about the home playoff game we’ll get after we beat the Titans, Chiefs, Browns and Ravens to win a division title?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

In all honesty, 8-8-1 and “Tomlin has never had a losing season” are still on the table.

As it stands right now, 3 out of the final 4 games are at least winnable to some degree. 

They could easily lose them all, too. However, Tomlin has 10 days to prepare for this week. 

What can go wrong?