Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

As it stands right now, 3 out of the final 4 games are at least winnable to some degree. 

They could easily lose them all, too. However, Tomlin has 10 days to prepare for this week. 

What can go wrong? 

It helps that I have limited respect for the Ravens and Browns this year and we know the Steelers can beat them because they already have. And it’s really hard for me to tell if this is the best division in football this year or the worst.

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I used to wake up every morning and gauge how well the overnight model runs were based solely on how many new pages were added to the MD/VA thread. If there wasn't more than a page or two...close the curtains. 

That was the onus of my post from Sunday.  Though it was not good it was meant to be "discussive" about why it was not good vs. just no model posts and no board activity.   Tellies are just that, tellies...modeled activity in the atmospheric masses around the globe.  Discussing teleconnections in real time is cool but making hard, unwavering opinions on "modeled" teleconnections is just as fraught with error as 7 day model forecasts. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Amazing how all of the models had that thing in at least a location we could work with just 12 hours ago and now none of them do.

Punting the 21st threat to focus on keeping the Christmas eve storm south of us at 240? 

My niece lives in Flagstaff, AZ and this is her forecast for tonight...

Tonight
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly between midnight and 5am. Low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -5. Windy, with a south wind 30 to 37 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT another mid 50's day at 54.

At this time of the year I have limited sun. I see the sun after 9:00am and the is filtered from the trees. I don't  get full sun till about 11:30 and then it's gone at 3:00pm. Hate this time of year, can't wait till February when I start getting  more sun.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

At this time of the year I have limited sun. I see the sun after 9:00am and the is filtered from the trees. I don't  get full sun till about 11:30 and then it's gone at 3:00pm. Hate this time of year, can't wait till February when I start getting  more sun.

Yea, I remember you said that.  Interesting how it changes for you in being higher than lower than MDT on a seemingly daily basis.  

17 minutes ago, Voyager said:

My niece lives in Flagstaff, AZ and this is her forecast for tonight...

Tonight
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly between midnight and 5am. Low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -5. Windy, with a south wind 30 to 37 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Awesome!