Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

2 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

gfs_z500_vort_us_fh90_trend.thumb.gif.7cc3767a44277a68f3fa526e234e8811.gif

Fantastic run. First time in 36 hours the GFS didn't throw our energy further west. Not really paying attention to the surface reflection, it'll change, but if this is the end of the trend then we've seen the bottom and we're on the mend.

Exactly! ^_^

Just now, Ghicks said:

@BornAgain13 where are you located at. I was thinking your not far from me I’m in mount airy very close to va border 

Turn your iphone to landscape so you can see locations

2 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

Fantastic run. First time in 36 hours the GFS didn't throw our energy further west. Not really paying attention to the surface reflection, it'll change, but if this is the end of the trend then we've seen the bottom and we're on the mend.

The upper low over Maine is trending south as well, which is a good trend (if you want the HP to lock in). That would essentially force a Miller B SLP track. It will also force the s/w over the plains/Miss Valley to weaken/shear out a bit which would make it a more suppressed solution. 

3 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

I hope that this isn’t considered banter, and if it is I apologize, but I really do enjoy reading your analysis of every storm we have. You are extremely knowledgeable!  Based on your experience and just overall knowledge, has any storm ever gone south instead of doing the normal Northwest trend? I’m just trying to see if central NC still has a chance at all of getting anything other than a bunch of garbage.  I have been a long time lurker but I don’t think I have ever seen one storm not have the northwest trend in the end, but I’m hoping that I might have missed one along the way.

• Like 2