Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

1 hour ago, Vice-Regent said:

You are just an asshat. Nothing more... our birthdays are two days apart man. :lol:

I am guilty to falling victim to many things. Astrology being one of those if you can respect my right-hemisphere centered self.

Before anybody say don’t engage a troll .. I am not.

I’m engaging a moron. That’s right @Vice-Regent, I’m looking at you. You’ve been one even back to when you were Weatherguy. Take a hint. Leave. Did you really think you don’t and gloom posting was gonna persuade other to join your noble basement quest? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Your relative newness here is showing with this post. Everything you say makes perfect sense but you gotta delete those thoughts before clicking on any thread on amwx.

Just let it all go. Forget about logic. Forget about reality. Forget about realistic expectations. Forget about what "normal" people "should" be doing. Just open your mind and take a big long look at what's REALLY going on here. This place only draws in fookin weirdos with mental problems. Me included. Prove me wrong 

Nah, you’re off a little here. Most of us have a weird obsession with snow. Some though, post with the intent of triggering emotional responses of others. Those are the mentally challenged here. 

How that clown doesn’t get banned is beyond my comprehension level. It’s a volunteer community. This community does not want him here. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Our best events historically come after Ji's most entertaining melts. We're in the warmup phase. Once the climax of the meltdown is complete, we'll see the leading edge of a big dog on radar. 

I didn't write these rules and they really don't make a lick of sense but if Ji isn't melting, it isn't snowing. 

When assessing the overall pattern, I take Ji and Jebman as two opposite starting point goalpost ensemble members, then gradually interpolate between them based upon the GEFS and EPS ensembles.  It's most effective at D+5 through about D+30.  At times, even on the seasonal scale.

Well, it SOUNDED scientific at least!! :lol:

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Just let it all go. Forget about logic. Forget about reality. Forget about realistic expectations. Forget about what "normal" people "should" be doing. Just open your mind and take a big long look at what's REALLY going on here. This place only draws in fookin weirdos with mental problems. Me included. Prove me wrong 

Nothing further from the defense, your Honor...we got nothing!

15 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Some though, post with the intent of triggering emotional responses of others. Those are the mentally challenged here. 

Oh yea, interwebs is a mega farm for trolls looking to ruffle. That's universal. The problem here is that the responses from "normal" posters really highlight my point. Pre game in our storm threads should be studied by Mayo or NIH or something. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Oh yea, interwebs is a mega farm for trolls looking to ruffle. That's universal. The problem here is that the responses from "normal" posters really highlight my point. Pre game in our storm threads should be studied by Mayo or NIH or something. 

I believe this is what you’re saying 

E5EC1892-9877-4104-86C2-5EA7271FE00C.jpeg.140d1b238d11f44468d5d26f230e92fb.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

What is even happening in here.  I didn't even know this vice guy was like this.   Let's get back to MR/LR talk.  I need my fix..I just woke up and this is the first thing I've checked!

You know those beautiful summer DC late evenings when it's warm and calm and the sun is down so not sweating bullets anymore? Then, because it's calm, the mosquitoes turn you into a pin cushion one little annoying bite at a time? That's Vice in here this morning. You know those same evenings when a mild breeze kicks up and all the mosquitoes disappear? That you banning vice in here this afternoon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

What is even happening in here.  I didn't even know this vice guy was like this.   Let's get back to MR/LR talk.  I need my fix..I just woke up and this is the first thing I've checked!

Yea its crazy what a few hours can make you miss. 

I'd probably put my schedule as one of those bathroom breaks for a deuce = AmWx forums. You don't fit it into your day, but its one of those guarantees in life that makes visiting the forums a sure thing. Easy to pull up safari on the iPhone and go to the bookmarks.

I actually think of this place as the opposite, which is what makes Vice's post/posts so annoying. If all of us have the time to get on here and enjoy our hobby, talk about the weather, obsess about the model runs, etc, then we probably have a pretty good life going for ourselves. It's never meant to be made personal, but some just do it. I for one know I'm doing just fine, whether I spend 2 or 4 hours on here in a day. If we got a big dog bearing down on us, this is where I am. Nothing like the excitement of sharing a good one come in with people we've talked with online for the last decade + 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Yea its crazy what a few hours can make you miss. 

I'd probably put my schedule as one of those bathroom breaks for a deuce = AmWx forums. You don't fit it into your day, but its one of those guarantees in life that makes visiting the forums a sure thing. Easy to pull up safari on the iPhone and go to the bookmarks.

I actually think of this place as the opposite, which is what makes Vice's post/posts so annoying. If all of us have the time to get on here and enjoy our hobby, talk about the weather, obsess about the model runs, etc, then we probably have a pretty good life going for ourselves. It's never meant to be made personal, but some just do it. I for one know I'm doing just fine, whether I spend 2 or 4 hours on here in a day. If we got a big dog bearing down on us, this is where I am. Nothing like the excitement of sharing a good one come in with people we've talked with online for the last decade + 

I like the 10 minutes or so prior to the model run getting to the storm we have been watching and it being silence in here watching the run play out.

Then you get the "destroyed" from @clskinsfan or "next" from @Deck Pic and then all he'll breaks lose in here from happiness to miserary lol.

We are a bunch of sickos lol. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

DT can be such a great teacher when he’s medicated. There’s a lot of good info in this video. A lot of self-back-patting too, but worth the watch IMO.

Wow I really did learn a lot from that video, thanks for sharing. He’s a lot better teacher than I ever would have suspected after following his Twitter for the last year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I like the 10 minutes or so prior to the model run getting to the storm we have been watching and it being silence in here watching the run play out.

Then you get the "destroyed" from @clskinsfan or "next" from @Deck Pic and then all he'll breaks lose in here from happiness to miserary lol.

We are a bunch of sickos lol. 

“Incoming at 72”

”I think we’re gonna like this run”

”Snow into the cities at 60”

”DC destroyed at 54”

:o

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SnowCane said:

Wow I really did learn a lot from that video, thanks for sharing. He’s a lot better teacher than I ever would have suspected after following his Twitter for the last year. 

It’s really a shame that he gets so roused up by the trolls here. When he keeps an even keel, he’s really informative. Some of the radio shows he used to do with Randy and Matt were really good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Your relative newness here is showing with this post. Everything you say makes perfect sense but you gotta delete those thoughts before clicking on any thread on amwx.

There has never been a more accurate and truthful post than this one. It is an Americanwx Hall Of Fame type post!! I am laughing, tearing up, and feeling proud of how wierd everyone really is here. It is beautiful in a sick and bizarre way! Cheers to weather freaks and misfits! :drunk:

• Like 3

Vice needs to get banned (or have Momma take his ‘puter away). Just uncool.

Ji = Larry David (ya either love him or hate him)

Chill, I appreciate your different approach to weather tracking but I learned the most when you were a regular in here. Thanks for all your input.

Morning routine = coffee, toilet and LR/MR thread first thing and simultaneously.

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

On another note, wtf is the issue with TT and Pivotal with the GFS taking 4 hours to run?

Anyway, there's a lot of shit flying around at H5 on the GFS.  At some point, we gotta cash.  Shit changes every run.

Potent piece of energy in Texas around 234. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic