• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter

Rjay

the 2/14/1914 storm...the beginning of one of the greatest three week periods of winter weather in NYC...9-12" of snow and sleet...

1914 from the brooklyn eagle...

http://fultonhistory...cale - 1448.pdf

http://fultonhistory...cale - 1449.pdf

1914 from the NY Tribune...

http://chroniclingam...-14/ed-1/seq-1/

http://chroniclingam...-14/ed-1/seq-2/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, uncle W said:

the 2/14/1914 storm...the beginning of one of the greatest three week periods of winter weather in NYC...9-12" of snow and sleet...

1914 from the brooklyn eagle...

http://fultonhistory...cale - 1448.pdf

http://fultonhistory...cale - 1449.pdf

1914 from the NY Tribune...

http://chroniclingam...-14/ed-1/seq-1/

http://chroniclingam...-14/ed-1/seq-2/

capped off with March 1914.... that was a triple phaser wasn't it?

February 1921 is right up there too with 18" of snow over 3 days and 5" LE lol.

You can’t make it up. You really can’t….after JB declared that winter is dead, done, over after the 2nd week of February, he’s now done a complete 180, saying the rest of this month is “fake spring” and that March is going to be very cold and snowy, I’m sure he’ll be saying the March pattern looks like a combo of March, 1993, March, 1888, March, 2015 and March, 2018 soon. Honestly, how can people waste their money to read his BS? It’s nothing but snake oil from a quack. He’s the worst meteorologist I’ve ever seen in my life, a total clown and a fraud, he makes Henry Margusity look like an all-star. He’s honestly a disgrace and embarrassment to the profession and he’s making a complete mockery of it. He’s the reason why the public talks crap about real meteorologists and says they get paid to be wrong and change their tunes as they go

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

You can’t make it up. You really can’t….after JB declared that winter is dead, done, over after the 2nd week of February, he’s now done a complete 180, saying the rest of this month is “fake spring” and that March is going to be very cold and snowy, I’m sure he’ll be saying the March pattern looks like a combo of March, 1993, March, 1888, March, 2015 and March, 2018 soon. Honestly, how can people waste their money to read his BS? It’s nothing but snake oil from a quack. He’s the worst meteorologist I’ve ever seen in my life, a total clown and a fraud, he makes Henry Margusity look like an all-star. He’s honestly a disgrace and embarrassment to the profession and he’s making a complete mockery of it. He’s the reason why the public talks crap about real meteorologists and says they get paid to be wrong and change their tunes as they go

You also declared winter is done so don't post any crap about JB.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

12 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

You also declared winter is done so don't post any crap about JB.

I didn’t declare anything. I’m not a professional meteorologist for starters which he supposedly is, and a very bad one at that but you keep defending a man who is the laughing stock of the meteorological community that no one in their right mind takes seriously anymore

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

17 hours ago, uncle W said:

Good morning Unc and thank you again for a light on the past. I went through the page and enjoyed the segment titled  ‘Amusements’. I read the sunshine, snow and slush article. The poignant last three paragraphs outlining the plight of the poor was educational. 123 years ago a charitable gift of coal was the only hope of warmth for the poor. While epidemic worries from uncollected garbage worried the populace. You look and ponder and say times have changed, upon further reflection you might wonder, ‘have they.’ Stay well and warm, as always …

20 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Snowman has the entire subforum wrapped around his finger and clutching to his every word. He only needs five posts to exert total control over the mental state of weenies. Absolute legend. #respect

Yeah, we like to feed the troll because we like to laugh at him.  :lol:  He's quite entertaining in here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

15 hours ago, snowman19 said:

JB stopped being a meteorologist the moment he used his reputation as one to get into energy futures. His forecasts help to drive those markets, and he is heavily invested in them. He's been warning of a March 1993 redux nearly every mid/late February since he founded WB.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Snowman has the entire subforum wrapped around his finger and clutching to his every word. He only needs five posts to exert total control over the mental state of weenies. Absolute legend. #respect

Oh, it's not just the 5 posts.

Don't underestimate the power of his :weenie:s he throws around. Gives Oprah a run for her money...

• Like 2

I wish he was right. I never considered this before but Oil bills are out of control. Gas is a little different , but with it. 
I hate hate seeing a - EPO build now . Just screw off cold producer. Just the theme since we swapped out of -AO/-NAO period ending 2011. EPO is becoming our main producer of cold and snow since 2011. 

I got my 40” of snow here Smithtown and would love a run at a record but it ain’t happening so - not happy with change in long range models at this point in season . 

2 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Nope, not worth my time, but I guess in a way I just did. I erased it right after reading it and just blocked him immediately after. He's just not worth the 20 seconds a day I use to waste reading his drivel.

If you want to combat the weeniesm I think the best way to do it is to go through all his posts and weenie all of them and then go to through the posts of everyone he's weenied and favorite all of those lol.  It's a lot of work but I've done that before lol.  Or at least the ones I've seen.

4 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

If you want to combat the weeniesm I think the best way to do it is to go through all his posts and weenie all of them and then go to through the posts of everyone he's weenied and favorite all of those lol.  It's a lot of work but I've done that before lol.  Or at least the ones I've seen.

I find it so telling that when the real pros and mets on this forum post cold and potential snow forecasts, not a weenie to be found.  But if one of us non pros posts the same forecast, we are weenies.  It's a real circus and the real clown is the one throwing out free weenie badges left and right like a happy go lucky drug dealer :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 2

5 hours ago, White Gorilla said:

I find it so telling that when the real pros and mets on this forum post cold and potential snow forecasts, not a weenie to be found.  But if one of us non pros posts the same forecast, we are weenies.  It's a real circus and the real clown is the one throwing out free weenie badges left and right like a happy go lucky drug dealer :lol:

By the way .....meteorology isn't an exact science, so no one should judge anyone else.  I am willing to bet no one is particularly more accurate than anyone else.

• Like 1

Lmfaooo @ the ignorant weenies on twitter right now saying the long range models look like March, 2018 and that we are going to be telling our grandkids about this upcoming pattern and how it produces snow into April. Nothing is better than a wishcasting weenie who has no clue whatsoever what they’re talking about…I haven’t had a laugh this good in a really long time lol Here is just one example of many of the complete ignorance and utter clueless stupidity going on right now…”it’s going to snow into April” lol: 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 3