Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Pretty sure the obvious way this ends is Zelensky steps aside and a pro-Russian puppet government takes over. That's what we will see soon, IMO.

Russia really is being very careful to put pressure on Zelensky without just leveling Ukraine.

Look to what Russia did to Chechnya for an example of them taking off the gloves and not caring about civilian casualties.

They are close enough to Kiev to be shelling it by now if they wanted.

The idea of a sustained war or insurgency is farcical, IMO.

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Putin isn't even bombing Kiev but you guys are worried he will use nuclear weapons?

What he is not doing now does not mean that he won't consider, or at least use nukes as a scare tactic, if only through propaganda and fear tactics.  Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

But, if he is that psychotic and desperate, and nukes are his endgame plan of attack then we are indeed at the end of times.   Imagine being so self inflated, with really no one on your side, including your own people, never mind other countries.  Pushing the button would be the ultimate, taking my football and going home move, and to f.uck with all of you while I'm at it. Lunatic move.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

What he is not doing now does not mean that he won't consider, or at least use nukes as a scare tactic, if only through propaganda and fear tactics.  Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

But, if he is that psychotic and desperate, and nukes are his endgame plan of attack then we are indeed at the end of times.   Imagine being so self inflated, with really no one on your side, including your own people, never mind other countries.  Pushing the button would be the ultimate, taking my football and going home move, and to f.uck with all of you while I'm at it. Lunatic move.

I really think if he was as deranged and loony right now as is being asserted he'd be destroying Ukraine by shelling Kiev and other cities. Do madmen routinely take great care to avoid civilian casualties and leave the internet and lights on in the country they are invading? The nuclear "readiness" stuff is something the Russians frequently do as saber-rattling. North Korea and Iran do this same thing all the time too.

Both sides need to act tough here, but a political solution is being worked in the background for sure.

Just calling Putin a moronic crazy person misses the fact that he played the West like a fiddle and will still achieve his objectives. He's more dangerous than just a crazy moron would be.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Putin isn't even bombing Kiev but you guys are worried he will use nuclear weapons?

Not at all worried about that. Putin is just going to his "safety blanket" and stoking fear like he did in 2014. Launching thermobarics into civilian areas are the biggest threat imo at the moment. The armor is an easy target since the lines are stretched. Russians need to crush the resistance to save the armor, and that resistance is currently made-up of thousands of citizens in Kyiv making molotovs, running around with newly distributed AKs, and now this morning there will be thousands of new Javelins and NLAWs inbound.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Not at all worried about that. Putin is just going to his "safety blanket" and stoking fear like he did in 2014. Launching thermobarics into civilian areas are the biggest threat imo at the moment. The armor is an easy target since the lines are stretched. Russians need to crush the resistance to save the armor, and that resistance is currently made-up of thousands of citizens in Kyiv making molotovs, running around with newly distributed AKs, and now this morning there will be thousands of new Javelins and NLAWs inbound.    

"The resistance" is citizens fighting with improvised weapons?

Where is the Ukrainian army? Did they surrender already?

The narrative on Twitter about this war makes little sense.

• Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

History tells us he alone doesn't have a red button. There are many people in the chain to launch them. Check out Vasily Arkhipov or Stanislav Petrov.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I really think if he was as deranged and loony right now as is being asserted he'd be destroying Ukraine by shelling Kiev and other cities. Do madmen routinely take great care to avoid civilian casualties and leave the internet and lights on in the country they are invading? The nuclear "readiness" stuff is something the Russians frequently do as saber-rattling. North Korea and Iran do this same thing all the time too.

Both sides need to act tough here, but a political solution is being worked in the background for sure.

Just calling Putin a moronic crazy person misses the fact that he played the West like a fiddle and will still achieve his objectives. He's more dangerous than just a crazy moron would be.

I agree. 

I am going by on air commentary and discussions calling him names, which I think is fairly irresponsible by supposed stand-up news organizations (but sounds edgy when I spout it on an internet forum, lol).  People want to paint Putin as this guy sitting in the dark corners of some 1950's non-descript war room planning and plotting the ultimate take over, with millions of casualties at stake, and the ultimate weapon at his disposal. 

I personally don't see this, and see hope through diplomatic discussions. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

Putin better hope  his cyberwar is stronger than his tricking kids into enlisting and his forces folding like a cheap paper towel in a matter of days.

So your argument is that Ukraine is winning as they try desperately to enlist anyone they can (with no age limit -- talk about kids) to fight on street corners with improvised weapons? That's them winning? I'd hate to see them losing.

• Weenie 1

This one of the best sources for live stuff happening on the ground. Everything happening is pretty much being updated live there.  Most people over there are using telegram.

Looks like missiles where just fired from Belarus.

I will also say it looks like the Ukrainian Forces are taking out a ton of armor and aircraft. Tons of videos have been coming out of helicopters being taken out and whole Russian convoys being hit. 

https://liveuamap.com/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BrianW said:

This one of the best sources for live stuff happening on the ground. Everything happening is pretty much being updated live there.  Most people over there are using telegram.

Looks like missiles where just fired from Belarus.

I will also say it looks like the Ukrainian Forces are taking out a ton of armor and aircraft. Tons of videos have been coming out of helicopters being taken out and whole Russian convoys being hit. 

https://liveuamap.com/

Cool site. I clicked on some events and they all appear to link back to Twitter though. None of that is verifiable information.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, ROOSTA said:

It's been nice knowing everyone.
A cornered animal when threatened will lash out and even bite its owner.
PUTIN IS A CORNERED ANIMAL.
The use of nuclear weapons is now real.
One misstep, a yahoo going off the rails...
God help us all.   

Purin just put his nuclear deterent forces on high alert.