Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

On 2/9/2022 at 4:21 PM, hazwoper said:

I need that warmup with rain all the way up into VT next Thursday to GTFO!!  Heading to Okemo next Friday for a short weekend ski trip with my son.

I’ve skied this time of the year in a driving rain storm on that mountain. It isn’t ideal but as long as they have a good base up there, the skiing should still be okay. Glades will probably be closed but their main trails usually stand up pretty good in the rain. I haven’t checked their conditions in awhile recently though, not sure if they are having as rough of a winter as we are. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I’ve skied this time of the year in a driving rain storm on that mountain. It isn’t ideal but as long as they have a good base up there, the skiing should still be okay. Glades will probably be closed but their main trails usually stand up pretty good in the rain. I haven’t checked their conditions in awhile recently though, not sure if they are having as rough of a winter as we are. 

98% of terrain is open, so that’s good

18z were pretty juiced for tomorrow nights event. Walt up in the nyc thread said it’s likely in response to the jet streak over head and the models are picking up on more precip due to that. Looking more likely that most of us in SE PA and especially NJ will see more like 1-2” with possible lollis up to 3-4” in spots as opposed to C-1” white rain. Should at least be a nice wintry day on super bowl Sunday. Let’s keep the trend going at 00z and get this baby to 2-4”/solid advisory level. Keep hope alive! 

Bottomed out at 15F last night. After yesterday I'm up to 17.25" on the year, about 6 inches below normal seasonal snowfall. Next 2 weeks look pretty bleak but if we can get one or two minor-moderate events in March, we could certainly hit normal snowfall in these parts; something that has never happened in a 2nd year moderate-strong nina.