Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

11 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

My flight is landing at 11:50pm in PHL tonight.  Think I'll be alright?  NWS says 20-30mph out of the SW with gusts up to 50mph.  Philly's runway is oriented ESE-ENE, so that may help.

I just walked by the river and plenty of planes coming and going.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I don't...

You're excused. I wouldn't want to drive a rig on snow/ice either. Hell, I wouldn't want to drive a rig sunny and 70F. With my eyesight I'd hop curbs on every turn and backing in would take hours.

Current winter is a D+/D IMO. Anything somewhat decent before we close out the season may raise the grade into the C's... 

62F/Looks like when the front passes through 4-6am is our best chance of thunder/high winds (squall line)... 

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

You're excused. I wouldn't want to drive a rig on snow/ice either. Hell, I wouldn't want to drive a rig sunny and 70F. With my eyesight I'd hop curbs on every turn and backing in would take hours.

Current winter is a D+/D IMO. Anything somewhat decent before we close out the season may raise the grade into the C's... 

62F/Looks like when the front passes through 4-6am is our best chance of thunder/high winds (squall line)... 

Yeah, my job is the number one reason for my dislike of snow and ice. If I were driving for an asphalt paving company and got laid off for the winter, I'd say let it rip. 

62F for an overnight high, now down to 51F. Just over .50" in the bucket. The front really made it's presences known here -- heavy down pour with strong winds for about 10-15 minutes.

Never bothered putting the trash out last night, just took it to the curb now.