Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Torch seems rather muted here. Basically just THU/FRI into the 40s and then more cold drops in.

That sneaky high is prob going to "Ruin" the torch for most of it I think....we might be able to get Thursday or Friday pre-FROPA to get a really good day in there, but I'm starting to envision this backdoor high keeping it colder.

It will still be mild compared to averages, but I was previously thinking we could make a run at all time December records and now I'm skeptical we even sniff those types of highs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

It’s trending west on the GEFS something to watch. 

I think that storm just before xmas or xmas eve is a contendah to provide a white xmas for many....NAO or not. I get that the pattern isn't pretty yet, but it doesn't have to be pretty to grab a front end couple of inches that won't wash away.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think that storm just before xmas or xmas eve is a contendah to provide a white xmas for many....NAO or not. I get that the pattern isn't pretty yet, but it doesn't have to be pretty to grab a front end couple of inches that won't wash away.

Yes I agree, let’s see hope the trends continue through next week.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

This was the storm where I posted a pic of me back in the day on a sled....to which many were very mean in criticizing my 2 yr old fashionwear. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I do.....I really like his stuff. He made an account here like a month ago.

Yeah he seems thoughtful and smart, and really keyed into the same high latitudes we obsess about.  I started reading him last month in prep for a biz trip to London for last week that got "omicroned".  But I'll be back there in late January.  Often what is good for them is good for us, not always though.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Yeah he seems thoughtful and smart, and really keyed into the same high latitudes we obsess about.  I started reading him last month in prep for a biz trip to London for last week that got "omicroned".  But I'll be back there in late January.  Often what is good for them is good for us, not always though.

East-based NAO is much better for them, and vice verse with respect to west-based.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'll bet my area only ends up with one highly anomalously warm day.

Thursday looks like the best bet. I don't think any of Monday-Wednesday will be that warm....above average, but prob not 50s/60s...maybe 50s are possible in the usual spots Monday. It will depend how well we mix on Monday.

Friday could be a downslope dandy too....something to watch for temp enthusiasts.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Great event....one of the few that crushed my area, and proked ORH with like 5".

ORH had like 10" in that event....you are prob thinking of 12/29/76 a few years earlier which gave 128-495 belt like 12-18" and ORH got 4".

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Thursday looks like the best bet. I don't think any of Monday-Wednesday will be that warm....above average, but prob not 50s/60s...maybe 50s are possible in the usual spots Monday. It will depend how well we mix on Monday.

Friday could be a downslope dandy too....something to watch for temp enthusiasts.

:lol: