Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

And let's talk about the possibility of a storm for the day after Xmas. It was mentioned by 2 of our local MET's here in CT and that they are keeping a close eye on it. Interesting for sure.

Models are going to be all over the place until more of this trainwreck out west is resolved. 

But at least there are several interesting shortwaves to track. 

• Like 5

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It definitely is if you look at 700.

I don't care to yet...but often the best is north of the QPF jacks because those are more low level forcing centric.

I'm just not taking the holiday period seriously yet because guidance has been so awful this year....I've had to back pedal too much.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't care to yet...but often the best is north of the QPF jacks because those are more low level forcing centric.

I'm just not taking the holiday period seriously yet because guidance has been so awful this year....I've had to back pedal too much.

This will likely all fall apart over the next two days. They always do anymore 

16 hours ago, dryslot said:

I think its chronic wasting disease.

Fortunately, CWD has not been observes yet in Maine or in any adjacent states.  The critter is a meningeal brainworm (P. tenuis) that has gastropods - snails/slugs - as alternate hosts.  Deer or other cervids ingest them accidentally from vegetation and the snails, etc. migrate to the brain.  Deer tolerate this well but it's usually fatal for moose, elk and caribou.  The ailment is sometimes called "moose disease" but its occurrence in Maine moose seems to have declined in recent decades, making me wonder if our moose have developed some tolerance.  In non-tolerant animals the symptoms include lack of fear and running in circles.

A few flakes in Farmington this AM and maybe here as well.  We're glad the SNJ crowd headed north today rather than possibly encountering the messiness tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Wait...today is only Tuesday. Wy am I getting hopes up or excited for something the day after Christmas...5 days away...in this type of pattern :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: 

This the drum I have been beating all morning. I have fallen for it the past two systems...finally learned. Hours of blogging for a dusting lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This the drum I have been beating all morning. I have fallen for it the past two systems...finally learned. Hours of blogging for a dusting lol

It's hard to resist the temptation...especially when you're waiting for that first storm of the season. I'm trying real hard not to get invested so early in the game...makes the pain a bit better when nothing actually happens :lol: