Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sun July 11-Mon July 19 Pockets of FF/SVR and a modest heat wave

wdrag

1 hour ago, Snowlover11 said:

meh congrats who got hammered, guess we will see later on if anything comes thru:violin:

Don't ever expect storms to hold together as they approach NE Bergen County/ Southern Westchester-Northern Bronx.

If you're in Yonkers, you're literally 1 mi across the river from me so pretty much the same weather and constantly watch storms break up/weaken as they approach the area. It's like a storm graveyard and very frustrating all the time even though we have all the ingredients.

We'll see how they act later.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

56 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

it was the odd the quickness the sun came back out when heavy showers and tstorms on the radar were right in or near the city the storms just went poof..i did not expect that.. that has not been the case for the city recently

The sun was out at the tail end of the storm by me a few hours ago.  It was sunny and pouring at the same time.  

59 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

it was the odd the quickness the sun came back out when heavy showers and tstorms on the radar were right in or near the city the storms just went poof..i did not expect that.. that has not been the case for the city recently

The sun never fully went away here. Got mostly cloudy for a time with sprinkles at worst. Real dark skies stayed in the distance.

Looks like about 2.5” have fallen thus far per local Obs, still going to be sitting in the stratiform shield for some time further.

approximately 10-15” has fallen so far this month, just about double what the two tropical events from last summer delivered for me—Fay at about 2.75” and Isaias at 4.5”.