Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 General Discussion

IWXwx

7 hours ago, Brian D said:

Low 80's with very smoky skies. Even last night, the smoke was thick up there.

Edit: Added sat photo. You can see how much there is across MN.

Smoky skies july 11.jpg

If that Canadian smoke ever meets up with the Pacific Northwest smoke coming around the ridge out west, it is going to be some very yellow sunsets if this boundary ever gets out of here. On second thought , it is probably better for my lungs and breathing if the smoke stays away.

Relatively small area of LOT's CWA got raked by heavy rain last night (parts of LaSalle and Grundy counties). Was watching on radar last night, and a north/south band just parked itself over that area and poured. https://www.weather.gov/lot/2021jul12

1019 PM     HEAVY RAIN       4 NW VERONA             41.25N 88.55W
07/12/2021  M6.19 INCH       GRUNDY             IL   MESONET

3 HOUR RAINFALL TOTAL OF 6.19 INCHES FROM A
            PERSONAL WEATHER STATION.

While the storms have gotten ferocious south of me in Iowa, temps peaked in the upper 60's to around 70 here by mid-day then have been slowly dropping all aftrn into the low 60's on a stiff Lake breeze. Back to the heat this weekend with upper 80's - low 90's forecast.

Stay safe folks!!

• Like 1

The big line of storms split around Cedar Rapids last evening, so I only picked up 0.10".  My July total is only 0.58", with no rain expected for the next 10+ days.  Keep in mind, the WPC has had Cedar Rapids getting 3+" of rain twice this month, but combined I've only received 0.58".

• Sad 1

If I had received all the rain WPC has predicted for MBY this summer (and my p&c forecasts as well), I'd be over 30" for the season.  :lol:

Anyways, been a nice couple of days with no rain. Hopefully we can avoid most of it later today and tomorrow as well. Then it looks like a nice warm and dry stretch for a time. Pool time incoming. :beer:

• Like 1

We have a rare pair of tornadic, long-track supercells underway in the Barrie Corridor of ON that have produced damage in the southern suburbs of Barrie (its always Barrie):

I haven't seen hook echos like that in Ontario probably since I've been following weather!! :o Two of them! Also the first debris ball I've seen on radar here :blink:. And I love this, someone caught TWN with their pants down with another tech difficulty as the met's mic was active unknowingly and she muttered "holy shit" and "holy f***" multiple times!! :lmao::lmao: :

Didn't they get enough practice from June 26 when we had the Amberley and Chatsworth tornadoes?

• Like 1

I just got some showers late this morning from pop up weak storms which worked or screwed over my atmosphere. Just very cloudy here still while twisters rip through the usual tornado-prone areas of SON:

People on twitter rightfully dunking on EC for NOT WARNING a tornado in progress, there is a report that the warning came out 2 minutes after reports of damage :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Like 1