• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

Very light rain started here about 10 minutes ago and seems to have already stopped. Lots of low clouds to the north but it’s looking like this one will pass by without much fanfare beyond some impressive thunder to the east and a really awesome looking slate gray sky.

35F4B1EF-7B1D-4F04-9E25-DE1C5BF11498.thumb.jpeg.3d3bedb72a808a8c8350f71bf6da586e.jpeg

Edited to add: Boy, was I wrong. It’s pouring now. Hope everyone who still needs rain gets a helping of this. 

CTP has this forecast for tonight in the Harrisburg area.

Tonight
Showers and thunderstorms before 3am, then isolated showers. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Patchy fog after 3am. Low around 73. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

29 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hope not

.000" so far . Things were starting to green up again 

Missed opportunity for us today.  We were lined up and primed but the energy all spilled north and fired up the storms there.   We went from the great look below (with a N/E trajectory) to nothing within a few frames.  Waynesboro proper had .35" before it folded.   Just 3 miles east had .10 and nothing 3 miles further east. 

image.png.736e7f1c1915f4ea71261c9be1474448.png

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The mesoanalysis around here  looked solid then as well . Just bad luck I suppose . Still an outside chance something fires before 10pm 

Looks like some flash flooding setting up in Harford Co,Md atm

Yea, I never imagined it was going to die.  Actually posted that I was wondering if I would get an inch and I usually never assume.  It got me this time.  Meso like you said and simple storm motion.  Seems it's either flooding or not enough rain depending on area. 

37 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Not me, I’m right there with ya at around a quarter inch. 

I was wondering. We drove through Mt. Joy earlier and there was water running everywhere, and brown, muddy water in the fields. That was not the scene around our place. No idea what they got but it was certainly more than a quarter inch. 

49 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was wondering. We drove through Mt. Joy earlier and there was water running everywhere, and brown, muddy water in the fields. That was not the scene around our place. No idea what they got but it was certainly more than a quarter inch. 

Yeah they definitely did better up there and towards Manheim. Of course the real show was down by Quarryville.