• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Ah ok I see - was looking at the WPC, not SPC. 

Looks like the SPC slight risk extends west into Perry/ Snyder/ Cumberland/ Juniata counties, but I would imagine torrential rain is more likely than severe wind.

Discussion from the SPC says 60% chance of watch issuance for S/E half of PA.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Looks like the SPC slight risk extends west into Perry/ Snyder/ Cumberland/ Juniata counties, but I would imagine torrential rain is more likely than severe wind.

SPC has much of that same area already in the lineup for tomorrow.   SPC Tornado map is a bit east of the slight risk today but still low probability. 

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Definitely training type behavior going on south of Lancaster right now.   The cell near Todd, PA is aimed directly at the 'Burg though holding together is always a question.    A bit surprised this much activity already. 

And the one county that is getting trained by storms is the one county not under a Flood Watch:

Map of Forecast Area

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Guessing the York county FFW is just for the top third of the county.   But yea mother nature does not read AFD's.  

Per the map you posted earlier regarding 3 day rain totals, the area getting hit hard right now has  been dryer than what I've been, which is good.

I'm at 3.74" since Thursday. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Per the map you posted earlier regarding 3 day rain totals, the area getting hit hard right now has  been dryer than what I've been, which is good.

I'm at 3.74" since Thursday. 

That map only went out to Friday so missed some of your earlier rain.  You are over 2" behind MDT! LOL.   MDT has had more rain this month than many areas of Adams and Franklin have had for 2-3 months. 

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That map only went out to Friday so missed some of your earlier rain.  You are over 2" behind MDT! LOL.   MDT has had more rain this month than many areas of Adams and Franklin have had for 2-3 months. 

This is honestly why I do not care what happens at MDT. What happens or doesn't happen at MDT has zero bearing on my sensible weather and my weather statistics. I don't understand why some get hung up on what MDT records...none of us live on the tarmac. 

• Like 1