Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

image.thumb.png.0a44992ebc29ea56e0ab6024f80d0bea.png

What in fresh hell is this!? Maytown gonna get pummeled with more while I get fringed yet again. @Itstrainingtime what are trying to pull?? Taking it on the chin tonight. @Bubbler86 forget that beer, pap is gonna need a Manhattan tonight ha. 

It just started pouring here again.

Friend...itstrainingtime. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

image.thumb.png.0a44992ebc29ea56e0ab6024f80d0bea.png

What in fresh hell is this!? Maytown gonna get pummeled with more while I get fringed yet again. @Itstrainingtime what are trying to pull?? Taking it on the chin tonight. @Bubbler86 forget that beer, pap is gonna need a Manhattan tonight ha. 

Manhattan?  LOL.  This evening has indubitably upset you chap!  Top of the evening to you and cheers. 

52 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Camp Hill area measured 1.56 for the day. Wife texted me around 340pm or so saying we had half an inch in less than 10mins. She seems to get more fun out of watching the rain gauges than anything else weather related ;)

Yea a friend in Hampden Township had 5” water In his basement.  You guys got hammered during that 20 minute stretch. 

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's a Maytown bullseye. I was wondering what surrounding areas received- clearly I was squarely in the hot zone.

2.45" for the day.

Yeah you were the jackpot, whereas my official morning reading is .07" oof.  There's been a couple of occasions since I've been keeping data where I believed I had the highest total in the state, or at the every least higher than anything reported through Cocorahs, NWS spotters, ASOS, etc.  Always kind of exciting when that happens, at least I think so.  I was thinking that may have been you yesterday but radar estimates have a swath up in Pike County receiving a bit more and sure enough there is a fella on Cocorahs outside of Milford who reported 3.23".  On the bright side, I did dip into the 60s last night, bottoming out at 69, so there's that ha.

34 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah you were the jackpot, whereas my official morning reading is .07" oof.  There's been a couple of occasions since I've been keeping data where I believed I had the highest total in the state, or at the every least higher than anything reported through Cocorahs, NWS spotters, ASOS, etc.  Always kind of exciting when that happens, at least I think so.  I was thinking that may have been you yesterday but radar estimates have a swath up in Pike County receiving a bit more and sure enough there is a fella on Cocorahs outside of Milford who reported 3.23".  On the bright side, I did dip into the 60s last night, bottoming out at 69, so there's that ha.

I agree it is exciting.  I always track those things.  Back in September 2018,  I recorded 15.96” of rain at Fairfield golf course which was recognized by the state climatologist office as the highest monthly total for the state.  That was impressive because a lot of places had tons of rain that month.  A true nightmare at work but impressive none the less 

50 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I agree it is exciting.  I always track those things.  Back in September 2018,  I recorded 15.96” of rain at Fairfield golf course which was recognized by the state climatologist office as the highest monthly total for the state.  That was impressive because a lot of places had tons of rain that month.  A true nightmare at work but impressive none the less 

That's awesome.  I had 7.12" that September and have down that it was the warmest September ever for Pennsylvania at-large.  So, I found two instances where I believe I may have received more precipitation than anywhere else in the state -- April 6, 2017 when I got 2,55" and August 12, 2018 with 4.7".

27 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Thank you to whoever cleaned up whatever that jibberish was in this thread.

what are your thoughts on rain chances this afternoon? After that Deluge yesterday afternoon, i'd like to dry out honestly

I'm really hoping to cash in on something from this weak frontal passage later this afternoon, seems like there should be a decent shot, some line segments may try and form.

• Like 1

Good morning all.  Reading your reports for those of us along the I-81 corridor in Cumberland/Dauphin counties, they jive with my storm total of 1.31".  Cheer up @Mount Joy Snowman.  Last month I was missing out on almost every precip event.  I had commented how everyone North/South/East/West of me seemed to be getting hit while I remained totally dry.  Eventually it all begins to even out.  What is your annual precip total thus far?  Mine (after yesterday) is 19.27".  Using MDT's annual average of around 41" that puts me only about 1.5" behind for the year-to-date.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Good morning all.  Reading your reports for those of us along the I-81 corridor in Cumberland/Dauphin counties, they jive with my storm total of 1.31".  Cheer up @Mount Joy Snowman.  Last month I was missing out on almost every precip event.  I had commented how everyone North/South/East/West of me seemed to be getting hit while I remained totally dry.  Eventually it all begins to even out.  What is your annual precip total thus far?  Mine (after yesterday) is 19.27".  Using MDT's annual average of around 41" that puts me only about 1.5" behind for the year-to-date.

Oh yes I know it all evens out over time, particularly the ups and downs of summer convection, but thanks for the pat on the back ha.  I'm at 17.58" for the year, but only a little over an inch for the last month.