• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah you were the jackpot, whereas my official morning reading is .07" oof.  There's been a couple of occasions since I've been keeping data where I believed I had the highest total in the state, or at the every least higher than anything reported through Cocorahs, NWS spotters, ASOS, etc.  Always kind of exciting when that happens, at least I think so.  I was thinking that may have been you yesterday but radar estimates have a swath up in Pike County receiving a bit more and sure enough there is a fella on Cocorahs outside of Milford who reported 3.23".  On the bright side, I did dip into the 60s last night, bottoming out at 69, so there's that ha.

Ironically, my wife and I were planning a day trip to Jim Thorpe yesterday, but I pulled the plug when I woke up and saw they were under a Flood Advisory at 8am. I knew that NE PA was getting hit hard...I just never expected that we would as well.

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ironically, my wife and I were planning a day trip to Jim Thorpe yesterday, but I pulled the plug when I woke up and saw they were under a Flood Advisory at 8am. I knew that NE PA was getting hit hard...I just never expected that we would as well.

Ah good 'ol Jim Thorpe, Little Switzerland, if you will.  My wife and I have done a weekend trip there before, a great little getaway for sure.  Hopefully you can find another time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

What do short range models show?  CTP still carrying 60%.    Would be nice 

LWX bumped their border counties to 70%

FWIW, my interpterion of the HRRR yesterday was that it did not do a good job with the "first line" that eventually trained the trainer.   The HRRR's depiction was more of single line coming up from MD vs. the first line forming over the second line and eventually stealing the energy of the southern push. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Next time you head to Jim Thorpe and it's a weekend, let me know. I only live about 20 minutes from there. We could meet up and have lunch somewhere.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

FWIW, my interpterion of the HRRR yesterday was that it did not do a good job with the "first line" that eventually trained the trainer.   The HRRR's depiction was more of single line coming up from MD vs. the first line forming over the second line and eventually stealing the energy of the southern push. 

Yeah.   It missed that but the line eventually merged into one and gave the look the hrrr was showing.    

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

No one says "Better to not be in the bullseye now" more often than the MA.   It is how some sleep at night. 

It looks like it does even out in the long run while we sit under a dry, cool pattern and rain stays south. Maybe not a ton of rain but that would mean a lot of decent to magnificent days.

Just now, TimB84 said:

It looks like it does even out in the long run while we sit under a dry, cool pattern. Maybe not a ton of rain but that would mean a lot of decent to magnificent days.

Something to let people use their pool but not require an IV for fluids afterwards.

Speaking of Paw Paw, they are already getting the goods.

image.png.e2a825e83b84bdc7af17677f370088ed.png

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Something to let people use their pool but not require an IV for fluids afterwards.

Speaking of Paw Paw, they are already getting the goods.

Yeah, Dwayne Haskins has to be able to go full bore during training camp without having to worry about having a heatstroke so he can take that starting nod from Ben.