• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Even if they don’t extend the restrictions on Americans past the 21st (but I think they will), that area probably isn’t reachable by 8am on the 22nd.

Delta has everyone freaking out about 'Murica.  CNN with some scare news today.  

Isn't that the area that just piled up July snow? 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Delta has everyone freaking out about 'Murica.  CNN with some scare news today.  

Isn't that the area that just piled up July snow? 

It’s a little west of the area where it snowed. I should probably be following the Delta thing closer than I actually am but I just haven’t prioritized covid on the list of issues I think about anymore.

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Just wait for the gamma, kappa, and sigma strains......maybe zeta, who knows!?  Oh my!!!  Yawn. 

LOL! Exactly. 

Just now, TimB84 said:

It’s a little west of the area where it snowed. I should probably be following the Delta thing closer than I actually am but I just haven’t prioritized covid on the list of issues I think about anymore.

Me either, Covid to me is done and over; CNN and other major news media want you to believe that COVID is still strong. BS in my book. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

My company is preparing for another State wide lockdown in the state our Corp office is located (this fall....not Florida.).    Probably not as bad as last year but WFH put back into requirements for certain positions.  People who are vaxxed probably need not worry too much yet but as the article suggested, 35-40 percent of the nation's adults are not and if you count kids it is less than 50% of the country.    I would also expect a lot of states go back to full mask requirements this fall even if vaxxed. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

LOL! Exactly. 

Me either, Covid to me is done and over; CNN and other major news media want you to believe that COVID is still strong. BS in my book. 

There are definitely still concerns that linger in the back of my mind, but most are “what ifs” unless and until there comes a variant that is proven to get around the vaccines with any sort of efficiency, so I’ve chosen not to waste much of my mental energy thinking about it.

24 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

With apologies to Sauss and Voyager and Western PA’s leading summer poster and a certain orange tagger and a certain green tagger in an unnamed subforum, there may be light at the end of this tunnel.

MDT has only reached the 40's once in July history.  1945 it hit 49 on July 12th.  

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT has only reached the 40's once in July history.  1945 it hit 49 on July 12th.  

Another big difference between your climo and mine. We’ve been in the 40s on 19 of the 31 days of July, including as low as 42 on 7/9/1963. And our oldest record low for any day in July dates back to 1960, so it’s all in the KPIT era.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Another big difference between your climo and mine. We’ve been in the 40s on 19 of the 31 days of July, including as low as 42 on 7/9/1963.

We have two big differences.  The climo itself but also MDT (at least recently).  Just last month we had a string where practically every LSV poster hit the 40's one or more nights but the lowest they got was 53.  

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

We have two big differences.  The climo itself but also MDT (at least recently).  Just last month we had a strong where practically every LSV poster hit the 40's one or more nights but the lowest they got was 53.  

Well yeah, there’s the UHI crap too. For comparison, Allegheny County airport (records go back to 1935) located much closer to the city, has only reached the 40s twice in July.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Well yeah, there’s the UHI crap too. For comparison, Allegheny County airport (records go back to 1935) located much closer to the city, has only reached the 40s twice in July.

Yea, that is my issue with MDT representing the LSV or near areas.  Maybe we should make @mahantango#1 the new official location?  Pillow time. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, that is my issue with MDT representing the LSV or near areas.  Maybe we should make @mahantango#1 the new official location?  Pillow time. 

Yes, I vote for Pillow to be the proud official climate site for the entire CTP forecast area. It would be a great way to preserve the legacy of General Pillow, proud great-great-grandfather of the MyPillow guy.

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

With apologies to Sauss and Voyager and Western PA’s leading summer poster and a certain orange tagger and a certain green tagger in an unnamed subforum, there may be light at the end of this tunnel.

You don't need to apologize to me. I'm an all seasons guy. I'm perfectly ok now with low to mid 80s and no humidity for the rest of the summer 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The HRRR still wants that line of rain, down near Harrisburg, VA currently, to continue almost due north and come into the LSV and then up into Northern PA. 

I think we have a bingo coming. 

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-Virginias-comp_radar-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Some nice cells popping up just to our south.

11 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That first line sort of popped out of no where.  Hit it or miss with it.  Finger crossed. 

Already up to .22" here. Very dark with thunder. Feeling pretty good right now. 

• Like 1