• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That would be great! To be clear, my agenda is to ride the Lehigh Gorge Railroad. :) (this week they're running steam)

They might be running steam all summer. And I love the steam engine and would certainly ride the train.

Saturday we're busy with our oldest grandson, though. He made the Schuylkill County baseball all star team and has two games. One at 8am and one at 1pm.

• Like 1

@TimB84, have not had a chance to look at the GFS until now but just ran through the QPF panels and saw a lot of diurnal/convection rains which are not the greatest...so still worrisome for drought for areas S/W of the I81 corridor.  Not that this issue concerns you.  But the reason I am writing...Central VA stays in the Uppers 60's or near 70 for 3 days at the end of the run.  They stole our mojo.

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@TimB84, have not had a chance to look at the GFS until now but just ran through the QPF panels and saw a lot of diurnal/convection rains which are not the greatest...so still worrisome for drought for areas S/W of the I81 corridor.  Not that this issue concerns you.  But the reason I am writing...Central VA stays in the Uppers 60's or near 70 for 3 days at the end of the run.  They stole our mojo.

Oh the QPF panels aren’t great for me either (but I guess 2” in 16 days is pretty normal for July, and I don’t think anyone out here is thinking drought anytime soon), but I do get a lot of days with bearable temps and DPs in the 50s from that run and I think you do too. Even if other people get some even cooler days, any day with a dewpoint below 60 in July is a win in my book.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The winners from yesterday are about to double dip it appears.  Could be some flooding issues in the areas that end up totally 4+ inches. 

Incoming. Got a warning and the line is bowing directly at me. Nearly continuous thunder now...winds are starting to howl.