• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

33 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Oh the QPF panels aren’t great for me either (but I guess 2” in 16 days is pretty normal for July, and I don’t think anyone out here is thinking drought anytime soon), but I do get a lot of days with bearable temps and DPs in the 50s from that run and I think you do too. Even if other people get some even cooler days, any day with a dewpoint below 60 in July is a win in my book.

We could also say that the temps are where we want them for the inevitable North Trend.  Of course I am not taking any of it too seriously but no hint at all of a major heat wave both in apparent weather and pattern (IMO). 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We could also say that the temps are where we want them for the inevitable North Trend.  Of course I am not taking any of it too seriously but no hint at all of a major heat wave both in apparent weather and pattern (IMO). 

Here’s something to take seriously: today is the 19th day of (astronomical) summer. That means we’re already over 10% of the way to the winter solstice.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You will have more in two days than you had in 1-2 months. 

Correct.

Finished with .74" from this event...Mount Joy probably doubled me today as the very worst sort of split Maytown at the last minute. Still, that's a good amount of rain from a single storm. 2 day total is 3.19". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The dreaded 18z GFS did some 18z GFS things again.

54 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Mount Joy Snowman- how did you fare today? 

Just under 1/2", much needed.  Looks like you got me again but hey I'll take it.  I thought we were gonna be in for some severe wind potential with the way that line started taking a bow-shaped look upon approach but that never really materialized, at least not here.  Thanks for checking on my well being haha.

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That would be great! To be clear, my agenda is to ride the Lehigh Gorge Railroad. :) (this week they're running steam)

They might be all summer. Saturday we're busy with our oldest grandson, though. He made the Schuylkill County baseball all star team and has two games. One at 8am and one at 1pm.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is why I am glad we are usually too busy to pay it heed.  LOL

Indeed, it seems to like to produce the most extreme scenarios in the long term, and that’s a feat even by GFS standards.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

What’d you get. That’s .5” less than I measured. 

Also the low tomorrow in Death Valley is 100 

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I don't have a home weather station, but it’s something that I should look into getting someday.

@Voyager should go out to California to track the extreme temps for us!

I’m usually on top of these ridiculous statistical anomalies, but today I learned that they recorded a low of 107 there on 7/12/2012.

Someone in here yesterday said they had someone who had 5in of rain in their basement and I said yea that happened to us when we bought the house two years ago...of course then when my wife texted me saying the weather station reported 1in of rain in 10mins...we had water in the basement. Thankfully she got it cleaned up pretty quick but...ugh. just annoying

9 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Someone in here yesterday said they had someone who had 5in of rain in their basement and I said yea that happened to us when we bought the house two years ago...of course then when my wife texted me saying the weather station reported 1in of rain in 10mins...we had water in the basement. Thankfully she got it cleaned up pretty quick but...ugh. just annoying

That was me - somehow they said they didn’t have any today. Water is weird. 

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I don't have a home weather station, but it’s something that I should look into getting someday.

@Voyager should go out to California to track the extreme temps for us!

Dont need a full station my friend, at least not to start. Just grab a cheap gauge to plop in the ground, better than nothing! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Dont need a full station my friend, at least not to start. Just grab a cheap gauge to plop in the ground, better than nothing! 

Yes. For many years my weather investment was $11 - consisted of a garden rain gauge and a window thermometer. Over time, I upgraded each of those until I decided to splurge on my own station. So worth it! At the same time, as nice as it is...it's still a luxury that I feel fortunate to own but let's face it...even for a weenie like myself, it's still far from a necessity in life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Almost no red in fantasy land.  A bit ridgy mid term before that.  This 384 map is the coolest of a string of nice nights. 

No complaints here. Of course there will be some heat at some point, but I really feel if PIT never sees 95 (or MDT never sees 100), we dodged a bullet the way this summer is going elsewhere in the nation.

And living in the present and not fantasy land, my DP is in the 50s and will likely remain there all day. Official low at the airport was 54 and weather stations near me went to ~52-53. Good shot at my 6th day this month with a high in the 70s after seeing none last July. Life is good.