Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

6 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Splitting again.  Your rain dance isn’t working 

Yep, we are done.   My neighbor farmer told me we are very drought prone in the summer due to our location on the side of the mountain and how it reacts to the great valley and I thought it was an old wives tale but we are looking at going to D0 next week here (hydrologist from HGR was just out here) if no rain this weekend.  That will qualify him for another grant.  LOL. 

7 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Intensity dropping back a bit now to moderate to heavy after delivering a nice 1.10".  It looks like more is coming up from the south but the line looks a bit more broken.  Congrats to all the 1"+ winners.  (I'm sorry @Bubbler86 maybe more to come for you yet?)

Thanks!  Some days it does not work out.  I know Training had been in a rut so he broke out of that today. 

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looking at radar, rain - even if its intermittent sometimes - isn't stopping from a Chambersburg to Harrisburg to Pottsville and SE line anytime soon. 

Hey now. No one in this forum lives in Pottsville... 

;) :lol:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks!  Some days it does not work out.  I know Training had been in a rut so he broke out of that today. 

I'm pulling for you...I have more than enough at this point. Sort of expected this to happen. I'm sure that there are some in my 'hood that are dealing with water in basement issues now. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Still raining - 2.23" in the till. Water running everywhere. 

Crazy. We have about 0.01" since Saturday and that has all fell in the last five minutes. Have been missing stuff in all directions for the last five days. Getting frustrating lol

Just now, Mshaffer526 said:

Crazy. We have about 0.01" since Saturday and that has all fell in the last five minutes. Have been missing stuff in all directions for the last five days. Getting frustrating lol

I get it...it's not fun being on the outside looking in. Really was hoping that everyone here would win today. Hopefully that still pans out. 

• Like 1

It's uncanny how badly I got fringed here.  Like absolutely pathetically unreal.  Mega storms all around me for hours, within a couple miles, in all directions, and yet I never got a direct hit of anything heavy.  I have like .05" in the gauge.  Can't believe the difference between @Itstrainingtime and me, sickening.  Although the wife and I were out in the Maytown area during some of it and yeah it was biblical over that way for a bit.  Congrats to those who made out.  I really needed it ugh.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It's uncanny how badly I got fringed here.  Like absolutely pathetically unreal.  Mega storms all around me for hours, within a couple miles, in all directions, and yet I never got a direct hit of anything heavy.  I have like .05" in the gauge.  Can't believe the difference between @Itstrainingtime and me, sickening.  Although the wife and I were out in the Maytown area during some of it and yeah it was biblical over that way for a bit.  Congrats to those who made out.  I really needed it ugh.

I would buy you a beer if I was closer.  We are the group losers tonight.  Maybe tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Wow...just wow. Sorry. :(

During the middle of the deluge I went to run an errand in Mount Joy, and it was VERY obvious that they had nothing like we did. I know you don't live in town, but I thought of you regardless and wondered how you were making out. I sort of assumed you didn't get what I did, but I sure as heck thought you had more than that. Geez...