• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

IZG with the low of 78 overnight, fairly impressive. Been dealing with copious amounts of clouds today that have really put the damper on high temp potential. Upstream satellite shows plenty more en route plus developing storms in NH. This is one of the many typical unforeseen flies in the ointment that work to derail heat waves from either verifying (3 day rule) or realizing their full potential in this region - it's always a constant battle with many moving parts.

Still an impressive day despite the issues. Temperature has been going between low to mid 90s. Not anything close to IZG's 98, that area and bordering north conway have a better ability to maximize heat. 12z GFS already hard at work to minimize next week's heat potential.

Weekend still looks dicey but better than earlier runs. I'll be back in AZ where monsoon season's gotten underway, so we'll be getting the 102/83 type days with afternoon and evening storms.

Refrigerator is dying - apparently the heated passion of these Amazonian times is more than it could bear - that and the fact that it is 20+ years old.  

It's been on my mind to replace it but it's like minimum of 800 $ to find a decent one, which is exactly the same cost for procrastination - lol... The damn thing is always on.  I think in 24 hours it is off for maybe 4 hours of that time.  I swear, coming and going,..this thing is always running.  So, just bought an Energy Start pro rated blah blah and hope the rattling of this one lasts until this next Tuesday. 

I think streets and thoroughfares and parking lots are hotter than these temp house ... duh.  But it was 97 pegged on the dash therm, until the center of town in Ayer, where astride main street on one side is a multi-rail train yard, servicing commuter and freight, and on the other brick and mortar 2 .. 3 story bread boxes.  99 there -

Meanwhile, the only 97's I can find upon return is BAF and BOS... Everywhere else seems to have maxed at 95 ( so far )