Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 15-16 interior snow threat

ORH_wxman

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes, that was actually 2009...I think 10/18/09. There was this crazy UVV max that dumped like 3" in Foxborough in a 2 hour span. In ORH, I had about 2" over the course of 6 hours....never had the rates that Foxborough had, but we had enough elevation to slowly accumulate.

Agreed that this one has a colder profile...at least aloft. The question is how much UVV do we get. Seems to be a lot of disagreement this close in for how strong the cross-hair sig is for the 495 belt....a GFS-esque scenario doesn't give much, but some of these other runs do cross-hair us for several hours which could force a 32F 1/4 mile parachute party for 4-6 hours....and we know things can stack up quickly at those rates. Such a huge difference between that and 34-35F wet noodles at 1-1.5 mile vis.

meanwhile further north at MHT it was white rain with no accumulations. I remember getting home from being somewhere and flipping on the Pats game. I saw the field and was like WTF, I thought it was a rerun of an old game, due to all the snow, and the throwback uniforms. not to mention the score was like 100-0, except this time the Pats were winning. good thing i don't do drugs, because I was all kinds of confused.

23 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

meanwhile further north at MHT it was white rain with no accumulations. I remember getting home from being somewhere and flipping on the Pats game. I saw the field and was like WTF, I thought it was a rerun of an old game, due to all the snow, and the throwback uniforms. not to mention the score was like 100-0, except this time the Pats were winning. good thing i don't do drugs, because I was all kinds of confused.

Brady tossed 5 TDs in the 2nd period at the height of the snowfall.  We got a bit of cold rain here, but 2 days later saw some white ground in shady areas along I-84 north of the Tolland massif.  Were heading to DEC for #3 granddaughter's birth, which came at 10:22  on 10/22.  (Or 22:22 military time)