Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

25 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer today at the Danbury mall-nice drive through site-never left my car

I got one scheduled at the Old Saybrook drive through site this Saturday. CT is doing really well with the vaccine. I believe we have the 3rd highest state vaccination rate now. 

27 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I got one scheduled at the Old Saybrook drive through site this Saturday. CT is doing really well with the vaccine. I believe we have the 3rd highest state vaccination rate now. 

hopefully we can get the # of infections down in the next few weeks-it's clear the variant is here...race against time....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL

The treadmill race is never going to end, dude. There will always be another "variant." Just like the flu viruses...

True-but it will be less deadly and we will learn to live with it b/c we have to-can't keeps schools/hospitality businesses crippled forever with this

• Like 1

Got mine at Waterbury Health Center. Process really couldn't have been easier. As soon as I neared the parking garage there was signs directing where to park and signs within the parking garage of where to park. Then they had signs leading into the facility and it was all set up for perfect social distancing. Walked right in, gave them my license, then they directed me where to go. It was a pretty large clinic with at least 15-20 vaccine stations. Waited maybe one minute then they told me which station to go to, they reviewed information and asked a few questions then boom...shot done. Didn't even feel a thing. Went to the next station where they scheduled the second shot and then went into the observation room for 15-minutes and was on my merry way. 

Biggest stressor was nearly running out of gas...forgot to get gas the other day and while I had enough to get from Windsor Locks to Waterbury, I certainly didn't have enough to get back home...or very far. Made it to a gas station with 7 or 8 miles on the range :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Got mine at Waterbury Health Center. Process really couldn't have been easier. As soon as I neared the parking garage there was signs directing where to park and signs within the parking garage of where to park. Then they had signs leading into the facility and it was all set up for perfect social distancing. Walked right in, gave them my license, then they directed me where to go. It was a pretty large clinic with at least 15-20 vaccine stations. Waited maybe one minute then they told me which station to go to, they reviewed information and asked a few questions then boom...shot done. Didn't even feel a thing. Went to the next station where they scheduled the second shot and then went into the observation room for 15-minutes and was on my merry way. 

Biggest stressor was nearly running out of gas...forgot to get gas the other day and while I had enough to get from Windsor Locks to Waterbury, I certainly didn't have enough to get back home...or very far. Made it to a gas station with 7 or 8 miles on the range :lol: 

When running out of gas is a bigger worry than the "deadly virus"... a sure sign of a serious pandemic, for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

kramer.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

You'll be OK if we keep following cdc guidelines for another two months too

Have you stopped drinking coke and watching MLB? 

I follow all CDC guidelines in every aspect of my life. I make sure to cook all steaks to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees for at least three minutes, and I ALWAYS keep the ketchup in the fridge!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

My phone does not know my medical history, and, even if it did, my phone is not barring me from participating in society over that information.

Everyone has a vaccination record going into kindergarten.  It keeps going for years.  

And I would not be shocked if your phone knew

• Like 2

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Everyone has a vaccination record going into kindergarten.  It keeps going for years.  

And I would not be shocked if your phone knew

That little piece of paper your mom kept in a drawer with the birth certificate? Yeah, not the same at all as to what is being proposed. Come on.

So many disingenuous and sarcastic arguments have been tossed out there lately...

"Your phone spies on you and you don't care!"

"You already need a vaccine passport to travel (to parts of Africa)!"

"(Some) schools already require proof of vaccines (e.g., MMR)!"

I feel like people are just purposely dodging the real concern because deep-down the precedence it sets bothers them too. Whatever.

Can people please be honest and acknowledge it isn't "standard practice" in this country to need to show proof of vaccination and health status to walk into a store or attend a baseball game? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

That little piece of paper your mom kept in a drawer with the birth certificate? Yeah, not the same at all as to what is being proposed. Come on.

Not to wade into this garbage too much, but there has been zero substantive discussion from actual policy makers (on a federal level anyway). What I've seen is from talking heads, the very online, or private entities.

Like I really don't see this as an actual threat, but rather something for people to argue about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Not to wade into this garbage too much, but there has been zero substantive discussion from actual policy makers (on a federal level anyway). What I've seen is from talking heads, the very online, or private entities.

Like I really don't see this as an actual threat, but rather something for people to argue about.

It’s being implemented in Europe. I think 2020 has shown us these conspiracy theories come true sometimes now...

• Confused 1