Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

It’s being implemented in Europe. I think 2020 has shown us these conspiracy theories come true sometimes now...

Not much we can do about Europe opting into it.

I'm not really going to be upset if I have to show my Pfizer card to enjoy a villa in Tuscany in the next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

That’s fine. If you are not worried about, then it’s all good. Some of us are worried about it, though. 

The US has shown zero appetite to even glance down that road, so are you really concerned about what other countries are doing? I'm genuinely curious.

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

71/3 at EWR and 69/5 at NYC.

Really mixed out there. Maybe a stray cigarette butt can burn its way from the UWS to Midtown.

Can see it here well.

Does anyone else use this ap Windy? It's pretty awesome. Has a ton of cool data including all the popular models. I highly recommend checking it out.

Screenshot_20210406-182628_Windy.jpg

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

The US has shown zero appetite to even glance down that road, so are you really concerned about what other countries are doing? I'm genuinely curious.

I don’t get where you say it hasn’t even been looked at here. States are already implementing systems. NY has an active passport system. The Federal govt is planning to develop national standards. This has been covered in the media.

Also, basically no one expected to be restricted and forcibly masked for over a year when they said “two weeks to slow the spread.” 2020 has shown these things can change over time. 

Just now, BrianW said:

Can see it here well.

Does anyone else use this ap Windy? It's pretty awesome. Has a ton of cool data including all the popular models. The wind display is awesome. 

You can really see it in the obs. As the winds got gusty the dewpoint fell off the table.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I don’t get where you say it hasn’t even been looked at here. States are already implementing systems. NY has an active passport system. The Federal govt is planning to develop national standards. This has been covered in the media.

Also, basically no one expected to be restricted and forcibly masked for over a year when they said “two weeks to slow the spread.” 2020 has shown these things can change over time. 

I think there's a large gap between standardizing what is safe for vaccinated people to do and a true vaccine passport. I've seen more banning of passports than I've seen implementation at this point.

But honestly I haven't found restrictions to be overly burdensome this year. Nothing was going on anyway, so it's not like I was missing out. With my wife being pregnant for much of it it was my choice not to accept risk by getting together with family and close friends.

22 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Not to wade into this garbage too much, but there has been zero substantive discussion from actual policy makers (on a federal level anyway). What I've seen is from talking heads, the very online, or private entities.

Like I really don't see this as an actual threat, but rather something for people to argue about.

Lmao you nailed it

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Got an appt for Friday. Maybe I’ll wax too? :o   :damage:

Nice. 

FYI.. Take it easy on alcohol for the 2 weeks after. I went to opening day a week after, I was so fatigued since then. I didn't feel normal the last four days or so. Did some googling. Turns out docs are saying don't drink after. I didn't know that. 

Lol.  I did personally thank many grocery and other retail workers, as well as delivery drivers (gave them gift cards) and tipped bigly at take out places. I gave extra to my barber and the lady that helps with our dog.  I have not hired a plumber, electrician, or other tradesman since this began but I thank you for working during this.  We are better together than arguing.  Stay safe!  

14 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Nice. 

FYI.. Take it easy on alcohol for the 2 weeks after. I went to opening day a week after, I was so fatigued since then. I didn't feel normal the last four days or so. Did some googling. Turns out docs are saying don't drink after. I didn't know that. 

hmmm

was going to drink my usual beer or two during the Bruins game tonight. 

34 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s a wonder how some even get out of bed each day.  So many out to get them. 

This kind of snarky response rings a little hollow after what we have already seen happen around the world in 2020, though. I'm sure you believed it would just be a two-week lockdown like everyone else did. Yet, it wasn't. Schools are still closed in many places, ruining childhoods. Someone has clearly been out to get the kids and small business owners...

And some of us want to be able to get out of bed and go back to normal life. It isn't "our side" that wants to stay home to stay safe...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Did u send thank you cards to the garbage men, Amazon worker, grocery cashier, grocery shelf stocker , uber eats delivery person, plumber , electrician,  carpenter back last March through December that worked with no vaccine and provided u with services . Get this welcome shit outta here . The lockdowns are proven to have done nothing but ruin lives after the 1st 4 weeks last March and early April.  I follow the cdc guidelines as a electrical contractor and have been since last March . I chose to live with covid and move on with life . 

Swing the doors open 100% ..its wayyy past time to do so .

The work-from-home techno-capitalist class is just now starting to emerge from their telework cocoons and everyone else who has been outside living all along is expected to throw a party to celebrate.

I can only imagine how many more would have died with everything 100% open. Simple science tells you more socializing = more ppl I'll. "did nothing but ruin lives" like what?? I was told by so many Republicans people are killing themselves over covid and mental health is worse than ever.... Suicide #'s for 2020 came out and they were lower than 2019 and 2018 by a substantial margin. People are speaking out of their azzes with zero scientific logic or knowledge. 

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

The work-from-home techno-capitalist class is just now starting to emerge from their telework cocoons and everyone else who has been outside living all along is expected to throw a party to celebrate.

Dave works as a teacher so, I'm pretty sure he's not in that group 

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This kind of snarky response rings a little hollow after what we have already seen happen around the world in 2020, though. I'm sure you believed it would just be a two-week lockdown like everyone else did. Yet, it wasn't. Schools are still closed in many places, ruining childhoods. Someone has clearly been out to get the kids and small business owners...

And some of us want to be able to get out of bed and go back to normal life. It isn't "our side" that wants to stay home to stay safe...

I never thought it would be a two week situation.  Didn't think a year either, but here we are.  Almost everyone wants to return to normal. Some are definately profiting off of this, but it sure as hell isn't me. 

We are almost there, despite many obstacles that have been placed in our way (both natural and man made).  If people had ignored this whole thing the cost in lives would have been greater that the 570,000 Americans we have already lost.

If you can argue against that I don't know what to say.

• Like 2