Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

But in all seriousness that is a possibility.  This has been discussed on here before.  

I think there is definitely some truth to it. I'm in my 30's and the only people I know that had bad side effects were people that had covid last year. Out of like 30 of my friends/family in my age group almost all of them had no side effects. The 3 that did had covid last year. I have heard the same thing from other people. 

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

This was absolutely true in my case. I had it back around Xmas and got the first-shot three weeks ago and was sick as hell with chills and aches for about 48 hours. I’m definitely NOT looking forward to the second shot in a couple weeks. My wife to a slightly lesser extent 

• Like 1

I was just messaging with a friend of mine out in Seattle and she said the brewery she manages just had to just down for a few days because three fully vaccinated staff members came down with minor symptoms and tested positive for Covid.  I wonder how common or rare this is?  I know there has been a few items here and there in the news lately.  The fact they none of them got real sick is encouraging but I'm hoping we don't have a wave of this in the fall.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I was just messaging with a friend of mine out in Seattle and she said the brewery she manages just had to just down for a few days because three fully vaccinated staff members came down with minor symptoms and tested positive for Covid.  I wonder how common or rare this is?  I know there has been a few items here and there in the news lately.  The fact they none of them got real sick is encouraging but I'm hoping we don't have a wave of this in the fall.

I think people are going to be hypersensitive to these breakthrough cases for a while because the fear levels are still high out there. By all accounts, the vaccine is incredibly effective, but there is never such a thing as zero risk or 100% prevention. Humans used to realize this but 2020...

18 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I think people are going to be hypersensitive to these breakthrough cases for a while because the fear levels are still high out there. By all accounts, the vaccine is incredibly effective, but there is never such a thing as zero risk or 100% prevention. Humans used to realize this but 2020... interminable convenience over too long and entirely too many generations, takes a toll 'common sense' and diminishes collective critical thinking  ...

42 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I think people are going to be hypersensitive to these breakthrough cases for a while because the fear levels are still high out there. By all accounts, the vaccine is incredibly effective, but there is never such a thing as zero risk or 100% prevention. Humans used to realize this but 2020...

There’s not any reason to freak out if vaccinated people are testing positive if they are not getting real sick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

There’s not any reason to freak out if vaccinated people are testing positive if they are not getting real sick.

Definitely. Anyone who is not in an at-risk group and has the vaccine should not be worried at all. It's way more dangerous for them to get in the car, go out for a day on the boat, golf with thunderstorms nearby, climb a tall ladder, etc. I'm sure there are people who are still very worried about COVID but will still climb a ladder up to the second story to clean their gutters. Humans are so bad at risk assessment.

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol 3 over 115 mph. Nice Sunday slow stroll

46 stopped going over 90... lol... New Hampshire Motor Speedway on I-95.

I saw NHSP running one of these maybe a decade ago.  They had no joke like 20 vehicles pulled over for processing at one time.  Troopers in high-vis clothing practically in the interstate just pointing at cars and motioning to the shoulder.... along with a few chase cars a half mile or so up if someone didn’t get the message.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol 3 over 115 mph. Nice Sunday slow stroll

20210516_142411.jpg

My daughter got pulled over in NH doing over 80.  Pretty girl gets away with a verbal warning.  Full application of all inherent privilege.   She told me she did profusely apologize to the trooper when he told her how fast she was clocked.

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The CDC said on Friday that testing fully vaxed people as a routine should end. They said it makes for confusion if someone tests positive that are vaxed and asymptomatic. They can’t transmit it. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5097358001

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

The CDC said on Friday that testing fully vaxed people as a routine should end. They said it makes for confusion if someone tests positive that are vaxed and asymptomatic. They can’t transmit it. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5097358001

Very obvious someone woke up over there and realized a change in strategy was needed to move forward. The fear-mongering approach focusing on variants, breakthrough COVID, and how nothing changes when you get vaccinated was clearly not motivating fence-sitters to get the jab. The damage might be done for some; I have seen some talk from vaccinated people that masks need to stay on indefinitely now due to the media talk of "double mutant" variants and the like. A real messaging debacle from the government. They scared the wrong people.

29 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Very obvious someone woke up over there and realized a change in strategy was needed to move forward. The fear-mongering approach focusing on variants, breakthrough COVID, and how nothing changes when you get vaccinated was clearly not motivating fence-sitters to get the jab. The damage might be done for some; I have seen some talk from vaccinated people that masks need to stay on indefinitely now due to the media talk of "double mutant" variants and the like. A real messaging debacle from the government. They scared the wrong people.

The CDC has known this kind of thing all along. If a vaccine stops infection, the viral load isn’t enough to transmit it. 
If little Susie is vaccinated for chicken pox and come in contact with it, she won’t get it. But we don’t make little Susie wear a mask or get tested for it if little Johnnie in her class comes down with chicken pox because little Johnnie isn't vaccinated. Nor do we incessantly test everyone 2 times a week for chicken pox because they might have been exposed.  
The testing fetish needs to end at this point. 

The CDC had to change the messaging or there will never be kids back in school unmasked, playing sports etc. Same with getting people back to work instead of cowering in the corner. 
I have seen and heard people saying the CDC is acting too quick, there’s all these mutants waiting to grab us, etc etc. Same crowd that said we must listen to the CDC when they told us to mask and distance. Now they’ve told them stuff they don’t want to hear and “listen to the science” went out the window. 

• Like 1

Maine’s indoor mask mandate goes away a week from Monday. Not sure why they need to wait but whatever. 
Rhode Island ends on Tuesday, Connecticut on Wednesday, and Vermont dropped theirs last Friday. 
I expect Baker to follow suit and drop it in a few days. At this point, there’s no reason not to fully reopen.

Kinda like the Berlin Wall coming down. People milled around for a few hours after it was announced that free travel could commence. Next thing you knew a couple East Germans got some sledge hammers and that was the end of that. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Brutal ending to the Sox game.  Ohtani got to Barnes with two outs in the 9th for a two-run jack.  Can’t win them all but Barnes finally blew one.

Yea, that sucked.

BTW, what do you think of Ellis Burkes? I’ve thought he’s done a really good job. Not sure how he would do by himself without Remy or Eck, but I’ve been pretty impressed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Yea, that sucked.

BTW, what do you think of Ellis Burkes? I’ve thought he’s done a really good job. Not sure how he would do by himself without Remy or Eck, but I’ve been pretty impressed. 

I like him, the booth is great right now.  Eck and Ellis get colorful and DOB keeps them focused :lol:.  Ellis says stuff DOB wouldn’t but gets Eck going... Ellis “that pitch had some hair on it, don’t you think?” Eck is so delightfully surprised “Why yes!  Yes it does. Check out that hair.  Thank you for saying that.”  DOB rolls his eyes.

• Like 1