Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Had my first ever full body dermatology screening today, because my wife was worried about all my funky moles but everything was deemed “completely normal” by the doctor.  :D

Ah, life after 50. 

I'm 29 and they want to give me a colonoscopy. Not thrilled. Family history. 

• Like 1

Just now, kdxken said:

It was 33 degrees and snowing when the game started. According to Baseball-Reference.com, it was the coldest game for the Red Sox since April 7, 1979, when it was 32 degrees at first pitch at cavernous Municipal Stadium in Cleveland.

I would have figured there would have been a colder day at Fenway during that time.

I think we had 34F in 2018 at Fenway iirc. I remember there being occasional light sleet pellets falling outside that day. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I'm 29 and they want to give me a colonoscopy. Not thrilled. Family history. 

You need to do it. It’s not as bad as all that. They’ll knock you out in twilight, not all the way.

The worst part is the night before with the nasty drink. If you have an iPad or reading material, take it with you to the terlit. You’ll be in there for a few. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

You need to do it. It’s not as bad as all that. They’ll knock you out in twilight, not all the way.

The worst part is the night before with the nasty drink. If you have an iPad or reading material, take it with you to the terlit. You’ll be in there for a few. 

Easier if you start light or liquid diet fasting heading up to it also.

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Yes, They usually tell you what not to eat 24/48 hrs before.

I usually fast a few times a month anyway so I can go a full day or two without eating really, if that helps the process be smoother. I don’t have to get one yet but it is definitely a screening I need to do within the next couple years. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I usually fast a few times a month anyway so I can go a full day or two without eating really, if that helps the process be smoother. I don’t have to get one yet but it is definitely a screening I need to do within the next couple years. 

That will work, The prep starts the day before, They give you or at least they use to start you with a bottle of magnesium lemon citrate to get things moving before the gallon jug in the the last 12hrs that you need to consume to flush you completely out before the procedure.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Had a hernia operation a couple years ago. First and only time in the hospital. They were lining us up for the knife and the lady next to me was asked if she ate anything. She proceeds to list off a brunch. "We told you not to eat right?" "Yeah but I was hungry" The surgeon went off :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

One day a week fasting was something that was very common in traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic medicine. 
Everyone  should own a juicer. 
Fasting is not something that needs to be difficult. Doing just a day of only apples and grapes would benefit most people immensely.

Powdered wheat grass, chlorella and spirulina in some water and cider is one of the best cleansers and is very safe. 

• Like 1

I just did 6 weeks vegan, and felt really good for the most part and it wasn't that hard.  But I was ready to start bringing in some meat and dairy by the end.  I think it's a decent way to do it... not necessarily make it a full permanent life decision but take a few weeks at a time here and there and use it as a cleanse and a way to change things up for a bit, and integrate some principles and cooking techniques into normal weeks.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think we had 34F in 2018 at Fenway iirc. I remember there being occasional light sleet pellets falling outside that day. 

Then a month later we had a severe weather outbreak!!!

I wonder if there is a correlation between late-season winter weather and increased potential for severe weather in the early spring. Obviously not much of a sample size to work with but it kind of would make sense. We know our biggest severe weather events and outbreaks are typically associated with EML's (which the same can generally be said for other regions too). So what we want to keep in mind here is as we move through the spring and the desert Southwest region beings to warm the foundation has begun for how EML's develop and originate. For us to get these late season winter threats we obviously need some type of trough with sufficient cold air nearby and this trough can either correspond to a ridge across the West or more of an omega type pattern where you have trough-ridge-trough...I think it's this omega pattern which increases focus because understanding EML advection you want some type of trough in the west...but you also want a ridge sort of centered in the heart of the country with a trough in the east...eventually if that trough in the east sort of lifts...we introduce ridging here in the East...since EML's tend to propagate across the edge of the ridge (or the westerlies) this change in the pattern would favor EML advection into our region...and since you had that initial ridge over the center of the country you lessen the likelihood for the EML air to be compromised.