Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, Cold Miser said:

99.9999999% of us don't know what Mckesson is and we wouldn't. I don't look at any of the brand name of equipment / utensils (or know what company distributes them) when I am sitting in the examination room.   It's like me saying that you know what Allerton controls within a BMS.

Lol. The vast majority of the population knows who Mckesson is. Unless you live under a rock. I mean are you serious? 

Any human being that has room and boarded on, or immediately adjacent to,  the collegiate life ... has had a variant of Influenza A or 'B, in their system.

Some droll humor intended here, those exposures are "Institutionalized disgusting cocoons" for pathogens ... only bested for proficiency of infection by perhaps preschool at a Catholic god-will-save-us-all-commune.

You probably just got lucky and "self-resolved,"   - the new euphemism for getting over a bug and perhaps not knowing you had it.  But for those that claim to have never had it, you are vastly mistaken if you've ever lived and breathed and ate and shat among other putrescent carbon units ...not just colleges, but anywhere there is a draw that succeeds in clustering diverse backgrounds into non-regulated, yet merely presumed to be, hygienic safety.  WRONG

It is overwhelmingly more likely, in reality, you've been exposed and just cycled through the infection with minimal physical impact.  But you did have an immune response -

If you have ever had a so-dubbed, "stomach bug" ...you likely had a run-in with the Norovirus Flu ... which is a form of the flu.  It only attacks the gut... you may not even have had a fever - in fact, most who spend the 24 hours of vomiting, when not otherwise levitating over a toilet the other direction like a failed NASA test ... in fact have very mild or no fever response to that particular variant.  .. Point being, there's ways to express illness non traditional too -

First Met game postponed due to Nats players testing positive  for Covid 19.

I thought the MLB had a better plan if players tested positive. How about bringing some players up from the minors. No one got vaccinated?

This is bullshit. The whole series looks like it will be postponed.

Just now, MJO812 said:

I thought the MLB had a better plan if players tested positive. How about bringing some players up from the minors. No one got vaccinated?

Prob a good thing...it will postpone the Mets disappointment a little longer.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It is hilarious how Redsox fans are making fun of the Mets. They might be the worst team in baseball right now.

Red Sox? Dude, have you seen the Orioles and Pirates?  Rockies? Rangers? I'm sure I"m forgetting several. :lol:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

so is this how it's going to go? even with vaccines, we could be 6 months down the road in great condition as a country, but if someone somewhere (school, sports, etc) tests pos, we're going to postpone, quarantine, close up shop.

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Very true

We can certainly critique the Sox, but given their track record since the early 00s, I’d say they are doing ok. Last year was obviously bad, but I think this year could be promising. Hopefully just competitive anyways.

26 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

so is this how it's going to go? even with vaccines, we could be 6 months down the road in great condition as a country, but if someone somewhere (school, sports, etc) tests pos, we're going to postpone, quarantine, close up shop.

Pretty much. Then the vaccines will decline in effectiveness due to variants and the whole process will start over again. 

• Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Larger scale vaccine roll out should alleviate a lot of this. But, yea, at some point this has to stop. If you're sick, stay home, like any other illness.

Widespread testing of the otherwise healthy population where 0.02% of the population test positive but are otherwise only sick for a few days becomes pointless. I would argue it's pretty pointless now, but its what's been done for the last 12 months. This will finally go away too, it'll just take another couple of years I'm afraid. It will end when the death number come down to an "acceptable" number, whatever that is. My guess is when the death rate hits a level similar to seasonal flu is when the PCR testing nonsense ends. The death rates are the only reason we are where we are now. If 60% of the death totals were eliminated (LTC facilities), we'd be living our lives like it was February, 2020. 

Anytime you go to a Drs office you see McKesson labeled products. But unless you pay attention to small detail and remember its forgettable. They raked in billions more due to Pandemic sales though. Good field to be in. Like toilet paper something humanity also always needs are medical supplies.

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Anytime you go to a Drs office you see McKesson labeled products. But unless you pay attention to small detail and remember its forgettable. They raked in billions more due to Pandemic sales though. Good field to be in. Like toilet paper something humanity also always needs are medical supplies.

We distribute every manufacturer in the world. 3m, Honeywell, Zoll, Welch Allyn etc etc. In addition to the Mckesson brands label . We have over 250,000 medical supplies . I mean we are in every school, college, Drs office, dentists , corporate occupational health ... just everywhere