Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm surprised at the 48 we put up here given the synoptic appeal.. I heard one of those 'from tape' generic, idiot radio forecasts in passing last night talking about struggling through the upper 30s to 40.   I wonder what the MOS looked like -

Yeah it seemed like temps overperformed today, but we’re advectively stale today with full sun and the arctic airmass approaching for tomorrow. Seems like a good day to overperform MOS...especially with decent mixing and a lot of areas snow free. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rtd208 said:

Glad to see you finally admitted it. If you are looking for any kind of weather action then just hope for big storm regardless of precipitation type. The potential storm for late next week has the potential to be that but will most likely be more wet then white in the NYC metro. 

00z will reel him back in.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He sure did . There’s multiple posts on several snow threats and BN with no spring warmth after this past week. It’s public . Scroll thru . It’s fine and it’s his opinion. Hopefully he’s right 

I never said that. I said two weeks ago that it looks like we need to watch the pattern. I didn’t promise cold and snow. The end of the week shows this, and now the end of month features a +PNA. That’s certainly something to watch for the interior anyways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I never said that. I said two weeks ago that it looks like we need to watch the pattern. I didn’t promise cold and snow. The end of the week shows this, and now the end of month features a +PNA. That’s certainly something to watch for the interior anyways. 

Hope you’re right on the call 

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

nah... I doubt that thing at the end of the week at this point - ... I won't say no altogether because I'm not stupid...I mean, it's f'n March.  But in the here and now, the rotted side of that air mass is not marginal enough, and the only cold source arrives as an N/stream smash in that's inharmonic and destructively interfering with that opening S/stream remnant mid level trough given to nuances in the stream behaviors - it stays an open wave over the outer Maritimes ...

The things is...the other guidance more than less show that or are trending in that favor. And it fits the other indicators -

I think we're triggering undergrowth green up after -    

You had me at inharmonic and destructively interfering...

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I saw in the Boston news that this is the last day the sun will set before 6pm until next October. Can’t believe it’ll still be this light out at 7:20pm tomorrow.

I wish we were still changing them in early April. Still an earlier 00z euro for March (if necessary) and I like having my light at 6am. It's putting me back in the dark now as I leave for work.

• Like 3

Just now, dendrite said:

I wish we were still changing them in early April. Still an earlier 00z euro for March (if necessary) and I like having my light at 6am. It's putting me back in the dark now as I leave for work.

I wake at 430 every morning as my wife leaves at 515 ,loved the sunrise and first light with my morning coffee. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it’s been nice seeing twilight on the horizon when I get to the mountain at 5:15am.  No more.  But I’d rather have light in the evening over morning on the whole.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The old garbage GFS that is so horrendous it’s getting replaced permanently this week? 

Enjoy 

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s been nice seeing twilight on the horizon when I get to the mountain at 5:15am.  No more.  But I’d rather have light in the evening over morning on the whole.

Epic last runs at twilight,after a couple brews watching the sunset in late March, are some of my fondest memories. 

prateptype_cat.us_ne.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Epic last runs at twilight,after a couple brews watching the sunset in late March, are some of my fondest memories. 

Yeah dude, chilling up top at the picnic tables on the Octagon deck in the sunshine at like 5pm before skiing down last run is awesome.  Love that late sun on the mild days on the mountain.

Hoping for some fresh snow over the next 24 hours though... models have some decent squalls with the incoming upper level energy and CAA.  They’ve got a few inches in the zone forecast and gusty winds.  Winter is back.

Tonight
Snow showers likely. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Lows in the lower 20s. West winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent. 
Sunday
Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Total snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. Blustery with highs in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph in the afternoon.