Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I don’t know about that but it did decrease notably in spots. LOL

Now that he’s over winter and onto spring he will try really hard to melt everyone’s snow... he’s just fishing.  Looks maybe 3-6” different, if that, from the prior day’s photo.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Much more man I mean that was dramatic in 24 hours 

You’ll be trying to bring 60+ dew points to Montreal and Caribou in like 3 weeks.  When you change to warm season mode, you change fast.

I find it hard to believe if he lost any more than 3-6” as I don’t know if we lost 3-4” here today and it was just as warm and sunny.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Now that he’s over winter and onto spring he will try really hard to melt everyone’s snow... he’s just fishing.  Looks maybe 3-6” different, if that, from the prior day’s photo.

Yep. It’s also like in cutters he tries to turn them all into Grinch 2020 storms and melting snows to Quebec when 99% of them don’t do that. 

He knows he’s making it up but he just does it to get responses. 

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The south field didn’t change much despite being torched and solar-blasted all day. The front of the house is very similar. 3-6 seems about right across the board. 

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

My front field depth was 15”-18” in spots before the torch and still 100% coverage out there (aside from septic tank lid) so I definitely didn’t lose anything close to 15”. 

It's pretty much physically impossible to lose 15" of mature snowpack in a day, without rain.  Even with 3" of rain and dews of 60F I think it would be hard to do.  Maybe fresh snow after a storm but not a mature pack.  I remember March 2012 when we had highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s for several days in a row the mountains would lose 6-8" a day.  Though that one is hard to compare as we had just gotten a 36 inch fluff bomb of an upslope event (36" in 36 hours) and that fluff went real fast in those temps and skews it a bit.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This place.. you make one seemingly observative , innocent , innocuous observation and get accused of 17 things. My bad.. no loss today... net gain of 6”

:lol: The victim.  When was the last time you saw 15 inches disappear in a day without rainfall?  Even 10 inches?

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Your area lost like 4-6" in a day per CoCoRAHS across SNE and the fluff bomb to the north was the opposite of a mature snowpack.  That one had much higher dews and heavy rainfall too.

Yea, totally different animal.  Had 1"+ of rain and dews near 50 or higher with howling winds in the grinch-- and much less liquid equivalent in the snowpack than now. 

2 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yea, totally different animal.  Had 1"+ of rain and dews near 50 or higher with howling winds in the grinch-- and much less liquid equivalent in the snowpack than now. 

Yeah, the snowpack before Grinch was a joke compared to this dense mass. With all due respect to SNE, I can say from MD experience that a NNE elevation snowpack is a totally different beast. I have over 8 inches of water in this pack. That just acts totally different than a “pack” that consists of a single foot storm that fell two days ago.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, the snowpack before Grinch was a joke compared to this dense mass. With all due respect to SNE, I can say from MD experience that a NNE elevation snowpack is a totally different beast. I have over 8 inches of water in this pack. That just acts totally different than a “pack” that consists of a single foot storm that fell two days ago.

One thing I remember really well as a kid was ice skating on the snow after a huge thaw. Your kids should get the chance

download (17).png